Limited GPU

So I have an RTX 3060Ti and an i5-12400F with 32GB RAM, So out of the box I felt like it was not running well, I have 200fps in CS:GO most of the time in every resolution or setting so its a CPU bottleneck wich should not be the case with an i5-12400F in CS:GO, and I tried playing GPU heavy games like COD-Warzone 2.0, It running okayish with lower settings I can run it on 1440p 90fps, but the problem is I tried a lot of gpu heavy games too with the same specs as youtubers tried it/tested it, and I always had a small fps difference, like when they had 90 I had 76, when they had 65 I had 55 yk, I checked the power consumption and noticed that when the cpu reaches like 80 celcius it already limits it to 55W, I downloaded ThrottleStop, PL1 was limited to 55, unlocked it My cpu now consumes more power but still dont have more fps in CS:GO, So its not solved it, anyway now I downloaded MSI, tried OC-ing my 3060TI, I ran a benchmark while doing it, I noticed that my GPUs core clock almost never goes higher than 1920Mhz and never consumed more than 950-970mV, So I tried adding more voltage to it (+50mV) and tried to set my core clock to +100, BUT when I applied it

the mV went up from 950mV to 1050 but after like 1 milisec it dropped down to 950 again, and the Core Clock speed stayed at 1920-50Mhz, So the GPU seems to be limited too, I was watching the mV and it jumped from 970 to 950, again went up to 980 jumped down to 950 again etc. its limited to 950mV, is there anything that I can do? or only option is to change the motherboard cuz its an OEM board and Lenovo decided to put those shitty limitations all over it, I dont have any Advanced BIOS settings so any other way?

(500W 80Plus Platinum PSU its a simple setup no leds no nothing)

42 minutes ago, BONTO5160 said:

So I have an RTX 3060Ti and an i5-12400F with 32GB RAM, So out of the box I felt like it was not running well, I have 200fps in CS:GO most of the time in every resolution or setting so its a CPU bottleneck wich should not be the case with an i5-12400F in CS:GO, and I tried playing GPU heavy games like COD-Warzone 2.0, It running okayish with lower settings I can run it on 1440p 90fps, but the problem is I tried a lot of gpu heavy games too with the same specs as youtubers tried it/tested it, and I always had a small fps difference, like when they had 90 I had 76, when they had 65 I had 55 yk, I checked the power consumption and noticed that when the cpu reaches like 80 celcius it already limits it to 55W, I downloaded ThrottleStop, PL1 was limited to 55, unlocked it My cpu now consumes more power but still dont have more fps in CS:GO, So its not solved it, anyway now I downloaded MSI, tried OC-ing my 3060TI, I ran a benchmark while doing it, I noticed that my GPUs core clock almost never goes higher than 1920Mhz and never consumed more than 950-970mV, So I tried adding more voltage to it (+50mV) and tried to set my core clock to +100, BUT when I applied it

the mV went up from 950mV to 1050 but after like 1 milisec it dropped down to 950 again, and the Core Clock speed stayed at 1920-50Mhz, So the GPU seems to be limited too, I was watching the mV and it jumped from 970 to 950, again went up to 980 jumped down to 950 again etc. its limited to 950mV, is there anything that I can do? or only option is to change the motherboard cuz its an OEM board and Lenovo decided to put those shitty limitations all over it, I dont have any Advanced BIOS settings so any other way?

(500W 80Plus Platinum PSU its a simple setup no leds no nothing)

Your RTX 3060Ti and i5-12400F should be very capable for even Warzone 2.0. 

Did you remove the FPS cap in CS:GO?

What are you using to monitor GPU frequency and voltage?

Just going blind and tweaking the voltage is NOT the way to do it.

You need to see if you are power limited, voltage limited, or another reason.

These new / modern graphics cards just self-boosts to as high as you let it, given the temperature / power / voltage is not limiting it.

You can leave the Base + Boost frequency adjustments, basically sets the minimum and maximum GPU frequency range.

Usually, all you need to do it tweak the Boost frequency, and can leave the Base alone.

nVidia specs the reference RTX 3060Ti with a Base clock of 1410 MHz, and a Boost clock of 1670 MHz.

You seeing 1920 ~ 1950 MHz is already well above that, so the GPU is working more or less fine.

What frequency is your 32GB of System Memory running at?

If it is running at JEDEC... say 2666 MHz or lower, you MAY be memory bandwidth starved.

What motherboard (make + model) are you using?

How if your 12400F behaving under gaming?

Your CPU limited to 55W seems a little weird, and that most likely have something to do with the motherboard you are using.

The i5-12400F has a rated base power of 65W, not 55W.

It should be allowed to have bursts of high Turbo, hitting ~4.4 GHz, allowing the CPU to hit close to 117W for short periods of time.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

4 minutes ago, -rascal- said:

Your RTX 3060Ti and i5-12400F should be very capable for even Warzone 2.0. 

Did you remove the FPS cap in CS:GO?

What are you using to monitor GPU frequency and voltage?

Just going blind and tweaking the voltage is NOT the way to do it.

You need to see if you are power limited, voltage limited, or another reason.

These new / modern graphics cards just self-boosts to as high as you let it, given the temperature / power / voltage is not limiting it.

You can leave the Base + Boost frequency adjustments, basically sets the minimum and maximum GPU frequency range.

Usually, all you need to do it tweak the Boost frequency, and can leave the Base alone.

nVidia specs the reference RTX 3060Ti with a Base clock of 1410 MHz, and a Boost clock of 1670 MHz.

You seeing 1920 ~ 1950 MHz is already well above that, so the GPU is working more or less fine.

What frequency is your 32GB of System Memory running at?

If it is running at JEDEC... say 2666 MHz or lower, you MAY be memory bandwidth starved.

What motherboard (make + model) are you using?

How if your 12400F behaving under gaming?

Your CPU limited to 55W seems a little weird, and that most likely have something to do with the motherboard you are using.

The i5-12400F has a rated base power of 65W, not 55W.

It should be allowed to have bursts of high Turbo, hitting ~4.4 GHz, allowing the CPU to hit close to 117W for short periods of time.

-Yes I did remove the fps cap, (I play games a while now, I know CS:GO should run better and I feel like all games should)

-I use RivaTuner and HWmonitor to monitor my frequency/voltage

-I wrote it in the post that I have an OEM board, its a prebuilt PC by lenovo, its an intel B660 chipset

-I was not setting the voltages blindly, watched other OCing tests with the same card, and also, said in the post that yes my CPU was limited to 55W but with other help from the ltt forum I already solved it so its not locking it to 55W but it not solved the fps issue, When gaming my CPU can go up to 90W with 3990Mhz wich is not the boost frequency but its normal, when I watch youtube or something when its not that cpu heavy I get that 4.4Ghz, But I still dont understand why do games like CS:GO running better, on maps like Vertigo I have sometimes 160fps with low streched resolution too, but if I watch the CPU/GPU usage, they are fine, like here is this guy: 

I have the same %CPU and %GPU usage with the same clock speeds with the same spec as hes but I could never have a stable 400fps in Dust2 or 600fps on inferno T spawn, I have like half of it and its not even smooth 

-I have 2x16GB DDR4 3200Mhz RAMs so they are not the problem neither

SUMMARY:

-The CPU is using more power its not limited to 55W but still not having more fps, Games like CS:GO should run like nothing its not the best spec not the highest end but cmon, my GTX 1050Ti could do 120fps with streched res with an old 7th gen processor, and here I am with a 12th gen i5 and a 30 series GPU having 160fps on vertigo what the hell could cause this 

21 hours ago, BONTO5160 said:

-Yes I did remove the fps cap, (I play games a while now, I know CS:GO should run better and I feel like all games should)

-I use RivaTuner and HWmonitor to monitor my frequency/voltage

-I wrote it in the post that I have an OEM board, its a prebuilt PC by lenovo, its an intel B660 chipset

-I was not setting the voltages blindly, watched other OCing tests with the same card, and also, said in the post that yes my CPU was limited to 55W but with other help from the ltt forum I already solved it so its not locking it to 55W but it not solved the fps issue, When gaming my CPU can go up to 90W with 3990Mhz wich is not the boost frequency but its normal, when I watch youtube or something when its not that cpu heavy I get that 4.4Ghz, But I still dont understand why do games like CS:GO running better, on maps like Vertigo I have sometimes 160fps with low streched resolution too, but if I watch the CPU/GPU usage, they are fine, like here is this guy: 

I have the same %CPU and %GPU usage with the same clock speeds with the same spec as hes but I could never have a stable 400fps in Dust2 or 600fps on inferno T spawn, I have like half of it and its not even smooth 

-I have 2x16GB DDR4 3200Mhz RAMs so they are not the problem neither

SUMMARY:

-The CPU is using more power its not limited to 55W but still not having more fps, Games like CS:GO should run like nothing its not the best spec not the highest end but cmon, my GTX 1050Ti could do 120fps with streched res with an old 7th gen processor, and here I am with a 12th gen i5 and a 30 series GPU having 160fps on vertigo what the hell could cause this 

Okay, FPS cap removed, good.

RivaTuner, HWMonitor, HWiNFO are all great tools, good.

I'm suspecting the CPU, and how the motherboard is making the CPU behave, being the bottleneck.

Right the 4.4 GHz is usually the maximum single-core (or two or three?) core boost.

Are you running the game in Windowed Mode, Borderless, or Full Scren?

You WANT to run it at Full Screen, or it messes with the power states of the GPU / CPU.

Basically, give the game, full focus / priority within Windows scheduler, etc.

Able to confirm the RAM is actually running at 3200 MHz (effective = 1600 MHz).

The memory may be rated for 3200 MHz, but given OEM motherboards, it may be running it at... 2666 MHz or something slower than 3200 MHz.

How many memory slots does the Lenovo B660 motherboard have?

Are you able to confirm the 2x 16GB sticks are in the correct slots for 'Dual Channel' mode?

If the motherboard has 4x slots, the memory sticks should normally be in alternating slots so...

[ Used ] [ Empty ] [ Used ] [ Empty ]

Was the Windows / OS install the original install that came with the Lenovo system, or was it re-used from a previous system / build?

Did you notice much Lenovo "bloatware" software? That robs system resources in the background...

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

6 hours ago, -rascal- said:

Okay, FPS cap removed, good.

RivaTuner, HWMonitor, HWiNFO are all great tools, good.

I'm suspecting the CPU, and how the motherboard is making the CPU behave, being the bottleneck.

Right the 4.4 GHz is usually the maximum single-core (or two or three?) core boost.

Are you running the game in Windowed Mode, Borderless, or Full Scren?

You WANT to run it at Full Screen, or it messes with the power states of the GPU / CPU.

Basically, give the game, full focus / priority within Windows scheduler, etc.

Able to confirm the RAM is actually running at 3200 MHz (effective = 1600 MHz).

The memory may be rated for 3200 MHz, but given OEM motherboards, it may be running it at... 2666 MHz or something slower than 3200 MHz.

How many memory slots does the Lenovo B660 motherboard have?

Are you able to confirm the 2x 16GB sticks are in the correct slots for 'Dual Channel' mode?

If the motherboard has 4x slots, the memory sticks should normally be in alternating slots so...

[ Used ] [ Empty ] [ Used ] [ Empty ]

Was the Windows / OS install the original install that came with the Lenovo system, or was it re-used from a previous system / build?

Did you notice much Lenovo "bloatware" software? That robs system resources in the background...

-Yes I do run it in fullscreen mode, I always do, borderless or windowed introduces latency.

-Yes I'm able to confirm the RAM's are running in dualchannel mode, checked it with CPU-Z it wrote a little bit lesz then 1600Mhz like 1587 or something checked it way before (wich is u know normal) in task manager it says 3200Mhz they are running good, I have 2 slots in the motherboard

-I installed the OS to it, so it's a clean windows install, but I already reinstalled it for like 5 times nothing changes, so the background apps are not the case, I don't really think it's a software thing (no bloatwares)

At this point I can only think about the motherboard but you know what's funny, I benchmarked my pc with 3DMark and I got 11073 score wich is normal or even better than avarage with the same spec, I really have no frickin Idea what's going on, these what you asked/said, are good questions/tips but I already tried them all, I don't know what could cause that fps in csgo or as you said warzone should run better too, it's just driving me crazy when I play a match and 99% of the time having fps under 300 and when more things happen I go down to the one hundreds and not that horribly but I even stutter sometimes 

I have to mention that again: I have the same CPU and GPU usage with the same clock speeds as the guy in the video or others with the same spec but for some reason I cannot reach that stability and FPS