I don’t know how to plug the pcie cables into the reference Amd 6950 xt

Go to solution Solved by Jackyisabot,
37 minutes ago, JimTheBeet said:

Clips go down, you should feel a slight click as the clip passes over the bump you can kind of see in the photo. You can run the cable from either direction - my personal preference is from below.

Thanks, it booted perfectly after luckily! But the only smaller problem I have is that the gpu is making a screeching sound and idk if that’s normal or not (btw in the video the gpu is in a loading screen of a game)

So today I bought a brand new and 6950 xt reference model and everything went well until it came time to plug on de pcie cables. I’m sitting here wondering if the pcie cables clips go down (so I kinda have to bend the cables a bit for it to work) or if the clips go up.

IMG_2539.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Jackyisabot said:

So today I bought a brand new and 6950 xt reference model and everything went well until it came time to plug on de pcie cables. I’m sitting here wondering if the pcie cables clips go down (so I kinda have to bend the cables a bit for it to work) or if the clips go up.

IMG_2539.jpeg

Yes the pcie clips go down

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

Clips go down, you should feel a slight click as the clip passes over the bump you can kind of see in the photo. You can run the cable from either direction - my personal preference is from below.

37 minutes ago, JimTheBeet said:

Thanks, it booted perfectly after luckily! But the only smaller problem I have is that the gpu is making a screeching sound and idk if that’s normal or not (btw in the video the gpu is in a loading screen of a game)

Just now, Jackyisabot said:

C529011F-4A77-4CF1-8D8B-C871A4387289.mov

I can't listen to it right now, but I'll take a look later if I remember. The most likely case is that it's just coil whine, which is a problem with many cards. It's not dangerous for the hardware, so I wouldn't be too worried about it, but tweaking settings in-game and maybe giving it a slight overclock/undervolt can help with the audible whine.

3 minutes ago, Jackyisabot said:

C529011F-4A77-4CF1-8D8B-C871A4387289.mov

Welcome to the forums!
Glad we could help, it is usually a good idea to mark someone else's response as the solution instead of your own. 
That sounds like coil whine which will sometimes just go away on its own, though settings changes can help. Also, of course, check to ensure nothing is contacting the fan blades

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup