PC is crashing/rebooting after installing more RAM

BenjaminJT
Go to solution Solved by lilotus.FRM,
2 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

2. The memory controller on your CPU isn't enough to handle 4 sticks of ram at 3600Mhz.

Had a similar issue on my PC. I just manually OC'd my ram to 3400 Mhz instead of 3600 Mhz and never had issues since.

A few weeks ago I added 16Gb more of RAM to my PC. Whenever I use the DOCP profile/run the RAM at 3600Mhz, my screens will start to flicker, and my PC will reboot. I can run it perfectly fine around the 2200Mhz range. It crashed while using both Minecraft and Adobe Lightroom. I have slowly been trying lower speeds and it seems to be relatively stable. I was hoping to find a way to run it at the fastest speed possible without issues.

I am not getting any BSOD

I made sure to buy the exact same RAM that I purchased initially

PC Specs:

Windows 11

Asus x570p (with the bios update 4602)

Ryzen 7 3700x

4x G.SKILL Ripjaws V 8GB 3600Mhz

MSI 2070 8Gb

WD black SN750

Corsair RM750x PSU

I am not the best at solving PC issues like this, so I could use some help

Thanks

22 minutes ago, BenjaminJT said:

A few weeks ago I added 16Gb more of RAM to my PC. Whenever I use the DOCP profile/run the RAM at 3600Mhz, my screens will start to flicker, and my PC will reboot. I can run it perfectly fine around the 2200Mhz range. It crashed while using both Minecraft and Adobe Lightroom. I have slowly been trying lower speeds and it seems to be relatively stable. I was hoping to find a way to run it at the fastest speed possible without issues.

PC Specs:

Windows 11

Ryzen 7 3700x

MSI 2070 8Gb

WD black SN750

Corsair RM750x PSU

Thanks

i'd try memtest86 on some of the sticks the first 2 you had then the 2 new ones try switches slot's/sticks each test.

47 minutes ago, BenjaminJT said:

PC Specs:

Windows 11

Ryzen 7 3700x

MSI 2070 8Gb

WD black SN750

Corsair RM750x PSU

Thanks

AFAIK, there is 3 possible reason :
1. There's difference in ICs between the new and old sticks.

The problem that usually arise from this is instability when DOCP / XMP is on, totally fine at JEDEC speed. Usually resolved by manually overclocking the RAM to the advertised speed.

2. The memory controller on your CPU isn't good enough to handle 4 sticks of ram at 3600Mhz.

AFAIK the solution for this is either you run it at lower speed, or you sell all your RAMs, and buy a 2x16gb kit.

3. Faulty stick(s)

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

2 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

2. The memory controller on your CPU isn't enough to handle 4 sticks of ram at 3600Mhz.

Had a similar issue on my PC. I just manually OC'd my ram to 3400 Mhz instead of 3600 Mhz and never had issues since.