PSU Rec needed — Did Corsair take away power supply link?

Budget (including currency): $150 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Sea of Thieves, Premiere Pro, DOOM

Existing parts: RM650I, Intel 7600K, RTX 2080, 32 GB Trident RGB, Razer Chroma RGB Hub with 4 RGB fans and one custom strip, 2x m.2 drives, Formulamod Sleeve Extension Power Supply Cable Kit 18AWG

Hi all,

I'm experiencing occasional random shutdowns on my PC after upgrading to an RTX 2080. CPU is 7600k @ stock. Current PSU is Corsair RM650i
I think the issue is the power supply. Only happens in games and even then very occasionally. Is this a correct diagnosis? Is there a way to know for sure?

I've ran MSI Kombustor for 30+ mins with no issues. Super weird stuff.

Anywho, the Corsair RM650i as a really cool feature that lets it link into iCue where I can monitor stats. Did they take this off of the new PSUs?

What PSU would you recommend? I'm a big fan of the BeQuiet stuff.

Thanks 🙂

42 minutes ago, Captain Matt said:

Budget (including currency): $150 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Sea of Thieves, Premiere Pro, DOOM

Existing parts: RM650I, Intel 7600K, RTX 2080, 32 GB Trident RGB, Razer Chroma RGB Hub with 4 RGB fans and one custom strip, 2x m.2 drives, Formulamod Sleeve Extension Power Supply Cable Kit 18AWG

Hi all,

I'm experiencing occasional random shutdowns on my PC after upgrading to an RTX 2080. CPU is 7600k @ stock. Current PSU is Corsair RM650i
I think the issue is the power supply. Only happens in games and even then very occasionally. Is this a correct diagnosis? Is there a way to know for sure?

I've ran MSI Kombustor for 30+ mins with no issues. Super weird stuff.

Anywho, the Corsair RM650i as a really cool feature that lets it link into iCue where I can monitor stats. Did they take this off of the new PSUs?

What PSU would you recommend? I'm a big fan of the BeQuiet stuff.

Thanks 🙂

Most thermal and fan stats can be seen in a variety of software these days. I wasn't aware that that was a thing, I just used other programs for that.

As far as good brands I really like the newer Thermaltake PSUs. Be Quiet! is good too if you get the newer ones that just came out. These days any PSU that is ATX 3.0/PCIe 5.0 Compliant is just about standard these days and the new Thermaltake and MSI Models come with the new 600w 16-Pin Power Cable for the 40 Series RTX GPUs. I'll link 3 below for you. They are all A-Tier Rated on the PSU Cultist List also.

If you need any other help you can DM me or send me an email: pcheroesbiz@gmail.com and if you like this please mark this as the Solution.

Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 TT Premium 850 W 80+ Gold $140.00

be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W 80+ Gold $135.00

MSI MPG A850G PCIE5 850 W 80+ Gold $130.00

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For Future Communication I use Discord for much Faster Response Times as I have it open 24/7. I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build Process on Discord through Text,Voice, or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772

17 minutes ago, PC HEROES said:

Most thermal and fan stats can be seen in a variety of software these days. I wasn't aware that that was a thing, I just used other programs for that.

As far as good brands I really like the newer Thermaltake PSUs. Be Quiet! is good too if you get the newer ones that just came out. These days any PSU that is ATX 3.0/PCIe 5.0 Compliant is just about standard these days and the new Thermaltake and MSI Models come with the new 600w 16-Pin Power Cable for the 40 Series RTX GPUs. I'll link 3 below for you. They are all A-Tier Rated on the PSU Cultist List also.

If you need any other help you can DM me or send me an email: pcheroesbiz@gmail.com and if you like this please mark this as the Solution.

Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 TT Premium 850 W 80+ Gold $140.00

be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W 80+ Gold $135.00

MSI MPG A850G PCIE5 850 W 80+ Gold $130.00

What other programs let you look at PSU stats? 😮
I thought the connector was required to see any of that data!
Though, now that I think about it, I guess it is all running eventually into/through the motherboard and could be pulled that way...

2 minutes ago, Captain Matt said:

What other programs let you look at PSU stats? 😮
I thought the connector was required to see any of that data!
Though, now that I think about it, I guess it is all running eventually into/through the motherboard and could be pulled that way...

I mainly use Hardware Monitor. Sometimes a good A or B Tier rated PSU might have software you can download on the product website usually called "Tools or Utilities". And yes everything in a way is connected to the Motherboard so why not get info on everything connected to it.

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For Future Communication I use Discord for much Faster Response Times as I have it open 24/7. I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build Process on Discord through Text,Voice, or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772

4 hours ago, PC HEROES said:

I mainly use Hardware Monitor. Sometimes a good A or B Tier rated PSU might have software you can download on the product website usually called "Tools or Utilities". And yes everything in a way is connected to the Motherboard so why not get info on everything connected to it.

Hardware monitor sucks use hwinfo64 instead 🙂

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price.