G9/stretching games

Go to solution Solved by bebejapes,
4 minutes ago, Cramig88 said:

basically any game, i have a library lol.  i dont have it locked to the right plane or anything, they all run at full 5120x1440 (or is it 2160, i forget) but looking dead on center, everybody is normal.  Take cyberpunk (or anything) for example.  Ok some guy, normal proportions, then he walks to my left or right and goes from normal to stretched or fat.  Even turning the camera produces the same effect.  Crysis 3, SOTR, Rise/tomb raider, F1 2x*, doom eternal, need I go on with a list?

still, 32:9 ratio and things get "warped" beyond the 16:9 angle on either side.  isnt a huge problem but irritating as the monitor and card alone are prob 3k by themselves not including the pc/components/WC'ing stuff

wouldnt that be field of view? but normally some games wont stretch or align properly.

Hey peeps,

ok so I’ve always noticed this on my G9. Windows apps and general functionality don’t display a weird stretch like games do

Now I got a 4090 with a waterblock yada yada. Still the same effects on anything

im guessing the issue is FOV settings in the menu (if available) cause if I set something really high, the problem minimizes or don’t exist.

how can I fix it?

and yes I did Google around, couldn’t find (or think of) the correct wording to input.  Anyway let me know what ya think.

54 minutes ago, Cramig88 said:

Hey peeps,

ok so I’ve always noticed this on my G9. Windows apps and general functionality don’t display a weird stretch like games do

Now I got a 4090 with a waterblock yada yada. Still the same effects on anything

im guessing the issue is FOV settings in the menu (if available) cause if I set something really high, the problem minimizes or don’t exist.

how can I fix it?

and yes I did Google around, couldn’t find (or think of) the correct wording to input.  Anyway let me know what ya think.

I believe its an aspect ratio thing. i have a XG 43" Ultra wide 21:9 sometimes it stretches when i view a vide full screen when it was locked to the right pane. what game are you trying or is it game in general

basically any game, i have a library lol.  i dont have it locked to the right plane or anything, they all run at full 5120x1440 (or is it 2160, i forget) but looking dead on center, everybody is normal.  Take cyberpunk (or anything) for example.  Ok some guy, normal proportions, then he walks to my left or right and goes from normal to stretched or fat.  Even turning the camera produces the same effect.  Crysis 3, SOTR, Rise/tomb raider, F1 2x*, doom eternal, need I go on with a list?

still, 32:9 ratio and things get "warped" beyond the 16:9 angle on either side.  isnt a huge problem but irritating as the monitor and card alone are prob 3k by themselves not including the pc/components/WC'ing stuff

4 minutes ago, Cramig88 said:

wouldnt that be field of view? but normally some games wont stretch or align properly.

On 5/23/2023 at 2:23 AM, bebejapes said:

I was thinking the same thing. Some games of course don’t allow you to change it, others do. It’s really a matter of finding the sweet spot since 90 is standard, so 105-115 seems to work the best.

naturally, if the game supports it

forget what game I increased it to max but whoa, no stretching but you’d turn ur camera and would be like 180 degree view lol. Insane

still have to agree, it’s a FOV issue as most games don’t anticipate people to have 32:9 monitors

havent tried on my other 16:9 displays but I imagine the problem would be gone completely

2 hours ago, Cramig88 said:

I was thinking the same thing. Some games of course don’t allow you to change it, others do. It’s really a matter of finding the sweet spot since 90 is standard, so 105-115 seems to work the best.

naturally, if the game supports it

forget what game I increased it to max but whoa, no stretching but you’d turn ur camera and would be like 180 degree view lol. Insane

still have to agree, it’s a FOV issue as most games don’t anticipate people to have 32:9 monitors

havent tried on my other 16:9 displays but I imagine the problem would be gone completely

well mostly the game with that kind of vision are racing sims and flight sims i guess