LTT Noctua Fans

Esemes16

Why not just place a large order with Noctua for more LTT branded fans and sell them on the store? There is no engineering work required and it integrates so easily with the content (seeing as they already use them). The product is not a risk since they've done this before and sold out.

Have you tried restarting it?

I'm guessing because it's not as simple as "ordering LTT fans and chucking them up on the store". There's a whole bunch of stuff that needs to happen first, like partnership deals, contract making & signing, revenue discussion, etc. At this point, LTT has so much experience manufacturing stuff that they'd probably prefer to just make their own and not have to deal with all of that, though that's obviously its own entirely separate can of worms.

That being said, it would be cool to have the fans back again, especially in different color variations. 

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"

image.png.9ab2af8f8ebeff418a4767488765f195.png

They are working on a screwdriver collab, wonder what the RPM will be on those bad boys. 👀

9 hours ago, Birblover12 said:

At this point, LTT has so much experience manufacturing stuff that they'd probably prefer to just make their own and not have to deal with all of that, though that's obviously its own entirely separate can of worms.

Well, they tend to focus on making stuff if they feel they can add something of value. in the case of fans, I think it would be more likely for them to partner with Noctua if they were to ever have regularly stocked fans.

High chance of message being edited, mostly to add clarification or fix typos.

10 hours ago, Birblover12 said:

I'm guessing because it's not as simple as "ordering LTT fans and chucking them up on the store". There's a whole bunch of stuff that needs to happen first, like partnership deals, contract making & signing, revenue discussion, etc.

If they can sort out a marketing deal, they could basically just add orange bumpers and a new sticker to production Chromax fans, then add an LTT sticker to the box. (Honestly from what I've seen that's what the original LTT fans were.) They'd have to get enough of a discount on the fans to leave enough margin to be worth putting the labor in.

We'd be more likely to see them sell just the orange bumpers, but then you're selling an accessory to a product that's already relatively expensive, to a niche audience (LTT fans).

Then we're back to Linus's perennial mech question, "what value are we adding?" I'm sure there's a market for more Noctua fan colors, but specifically in LTT orange? (And probably a pink-and-green combo too, for the memes.)

10 hours ago, Birblover12 said:

At this point, LTT has so much experience manufacturing stuff that they'd probably prefer to just make their own and not have to deal with all of that, though that's obviously its own entirely separate can of worms.

Yeah, I'm sure Creator Warehouse can just whip up a line of fans that are comparable to anything Noctua produces. That's sure to be less taxing than some accounting paperwork!

C'mon, son.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Just because something sells out, doesn't mean it's a successful product.

I don't think there would be a large enough demand for the fans to really make it worthwhile compared to the other items they have on offer.

12 hours ago, Birblover12 said:

I'm guessing because it's not as simple as "ordering LTT fans and chucking them up on the store". There's a whole bunch of stuff that needs to happen first, like partnership deals, contract making & signing, revenue discussion, etc. At this point, LTT has so much experience manufacturing stuff that they'd probably prefer to just make their own and not have to deal with all of that, though that's obviously its own entirely separate can of worms.

That being said, it would be cool to have the fans back again, especially in different color variations. 

Your entire statement makes no sense. You do know they contract out everything right? Nothing is actually made by LMG; there would be little difference between getting the fans made and getting any other product made.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

Yeah, I'm sure Creator Warehouse can just whip up a line of fans that are comparable to anything Noctua produces. That's sure to be less taxing than some accounting paperwork!

C'mon, son.

they would more likly try and tweak them like randomfrankp did with his mouse so they did not just exist for nothing and to justify the higher price

17 hours ago, dizmo said:

Your entire statement makes no sense. You do know they contract out everything right? Nothing is actually made by LMG; there would be little difference between getting the fans made and getting any other product made.

I don't follow? Yes they contract it out to other companies to actually build stuff, but all I was trying to say was if they're going to partner with Noctua and get the fans created and sold on presumably Noctua's website, why not just put their own spin on it and create something new or interesting and be able to sell it on their own store?

19 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

I never said it wasn't, note "own can of worms". I was simply saying that perhaps LTT would like to put their own spin on fans, like a comically big or small fan with LTT colors, a kit that attaches to a mouse and cools your hands, etc. My thought process was that they'd earn far more off of sales (presuming they find some niche to make their own that Noctua isn't already) of their own product then partnering with Noctua, though obviously again, would have to find a way to put a spin on it is all.

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"

21 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

(Honestly from what I've seen that's what the original LTT fans were.)

i'm pretty sure that's exactly what the original LTT fans were.

as for why they dont just stick them on LTT store.. i think it's quite simple: margins.

most computer components have painfully slim margins for the retailer (which LTT store would be in this case), and parts retailers are optimized around moving boxes with little margin. usually they'll also move those fans along with a case and/or other hardware.

it would be dumb to make LTT branded fans, and not work with retailers to move them.. but LTTstore could never compete with retailers who are optimized to move them, so they would have to be more expensive.. which is dumb.

so.. i dont see LTT branded computer components happening on LTTstore any time soon.

On 5/21/2023 at 11:11 AM, manikyath said:

it would be dumb to make LTT branded fans, and not work with retailers to move them.. but LTTstore could never compete with retailers who are optimized to move them, so they would have to be more expensive.. which is dumb.

so.. i dont see LTT branded computer components happening on LTTstore any time soon.

yea, think you are right, Linus did talk about them having tried to work with retailers in the past(apparently went nowhere), so maybe stuff like this could be more conceivable if/when they start having products in retail stores.

[timestamp: 47:31]

On 5/22/2023 at 8:42 AM, Razercake said:

yea, think you are right, Linus did talk about them having tried to work with retailers in the past(apparently went nowhere), so maybe stuff like this could be more conceivable if/when they start having products in retail stores.

A while later, someone from Creator Warehouse (I think it was Nick) says the hold-up was on their end, not the retailers'.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

26 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

A while later, someone from Creator Warehouse (I think it was Nick) says the hold-up was on their end, not the retailers'.

Good clarification didn't mean to make it sound like the retailer's fault.

On 5/21/2023 at 12:11 AM, Birblover12 said:

I don't follow? Yes they contract it out to other companies to actually build stuff, but all I was trying to say was if they're going to partner with Noctua and get the fans created and sold on presumably Noctua's website, why not just put their own spin on it and create something new or interesting and be able to sell it on their own store?

You can't just create a fan. It's not that simple. The large companies have a hard enough time coming up with new interesting things, and you think LTT is just going to come along with something new and revolutionary?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red