ROG Ally listed on Indonesian ASUS ROG Website. Strong indication for ROG Ally wide availability in Asia?

Summary

ROG Ally listed on Indonesian ASUS ROG website with pricing soon to be announced, along with the preorder page (which was previously 404 until beginning of Friday) that is still showing placeholder price and there's also pre order date announcement from ROG Indonesia discord confirming that the pre order will starts at June 27th. Page also listed the same expected specs, which means no different SKUs for different region (for now)

Quotes

ROG Indonesia discord:

Attention gamers and tech enthusiasts! Get ready to embark on an unparalleled gaming journey with the groundbreaking ROG Ally. This cutting-edge powerhouse is designed to revolutionize your gaming experience like never before. From jaw-dropping graphics to lightning-fast processing, the ROG Ally is a true game-changer. Be ahead of the pack and claim your spot as one of the first owners of the ROG Ally. Join the vibrant ROG Community today and stay one step ahead of the competition. Click the 'Notify Me' button to ensure you receive all the latest updates and exclusive information about the much-anticipated Pre-Order of the ROG Ally. Pre-Order madness begins on June 27th, 2023! Mark your calendars and be prepared to secure your ultimate gaming companion. Don't miss out on this extraordinary opportunity to level up your gaming arsenal. Stay tuned for more details and be part of the exclusive ROG Ally journey Landing Page: Get the reminder here: https://id.store.asus.com/rog/rog-ally-play-all-your-games.html

image.png.58b7849f5d5609b06c8c579b21323c35.png

image.thumb.png.6f748d202486c9a971b08f8d547dc27b.png

image.png.a6b48fabad418967da1e6bc91fe95479.png

My thoughts

This is good news for ROG Ally availability, especially for Asia region (particularly SE Asia). It looks like ASUS do deliver on their promise about global availability, and this would be another push for handheld makers to actually expand their market into another region so that their handheld is accessible and readily available locally without people having to preorder/ buy and wait for many many months which is not ideal for some people (especially with international shipping tax being a thing). I really hope ASUS ROG handheld division would actually do a better job on delivering the hype and not screwing things up by making a blunder with artifically limiting the community on what they can do with their Ally (especially hardware accessories market in Asia is very huge so doing that would be a massive L) because I feel like this is their only shot for redemption after the recent controversy caused by their motherboard division. And while I don't really want to speak too soon, to be honest...

asssus.png

Oh also any Asia gang here that also have silent announcement of ROG Ally in their region, feel free to post here. Even better if there's a price reveal. Curious on how this would cost in other Asia countries

Sources

https://rog.asus.com/id/gaming-handhelds-group/

https://rog.asus.com/id/gaming-handhelds/rog-ally/rog-ally-2023/

https://id.store.asus.com/rog/rog-ally-play-all-your-games.html 

- ROG Indonesia discord

I would have bought it if there were black color. I'm definitely NOT gonna buy the white version. 

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

I really hope they fixed the stuck buttons and triggers for launch. Indonesian gamers on sticks can get a bit abusive.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

aaaaaand it's 404 again, smh

image.thumb.png.e740a22c6433987c4d0ada3e0be51ae8.png

8 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

I really hope they fixed the stuck buttons and triggers for launch. Indonesian gamers on sticks can get a bit abusive.

THIS LMAO. Also yeah I don't know why ROG also sent reviewers the pre production ones (and it's not even the 'almost retail' version) that still have those defects. Though hopefully with this being something reviewers noticed, ASUS will address the issue before shipping the unit