Nvidia's NVENC VS. Intel's QS

Flux Azreal
Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,

Typically the Nvidia gpus are better, but its pretty close. This also depends on the content.

But with that budget CPUs will give you a good amount better quality than any GPU, so why not go with CPU encodig?

I'm deciding on a card just for encoding, I don't care for the cost. I'm deciding over Intel's arc gpu and nvidia's 40 series since they're the newest, I only care for h264 and av1 quality, which one provides the best results? I can't find the video I saw a while ago, I think it was from Epos Vox but I think he showed that Intel's arc h264 and av1 are better then nvidia's nvenc and I'd like to confirm the results with someone who has both, or knows anyone who has tested them

Typically the Nvidia gpus are better, but its pretty close. This also depends on the content.

But with that budget CPUs will give you a good amount better quality than any GPU, so why not go with CPU encodig?

1 hour ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Oh I didn't even think of that, you're right. Thank you for this!