Motherboard suggestions

Hello all, 

Starting to look at building a 13700k system for my significant other. 

With the drama by gigabyte I switched to asus for my last build. 

Now they are having very poor customer support over that. 

Given all these problems I am sort of left wondering who to go with. 

Asrock was related to asus right? I know they used to me trash. 

I had bad luck in the past with msi too. 

Which board manufacturer are you all looking at now that the two biggest names don't seem to take care of customers anymore?

4 minutes ago, m9x3mos said:

Asrock was related to asus right?

Yeah, they were both spinoffs from Pegasus. ASUS is now an entirely different company, no longer associated with Pegasus, while ASRock still is last I remember. 

7 minutes ago, m9x3mos said:

Which board manufacturer are you all looking at now that the two biggest names don't seem to take care of customers anymore?

I'd argue that they never did. You look around at all times and you'll find horror stories from all of them. I would just ignore who made the board and just be prepared to have a bad time if the board ever decides to give the ghost. The only one where I haven't heard horror stories from is EVGA, and unless you're planning on buying a $400+ motherboard they're not an option. 

Right now, a couple good options are the Z790 Aorus Elite AX, Z690 Carbon Force (assuming it's ~$300 US), Z790-A Pro, and Z790 Tomahawk. The Z690 Force is arguably the best value LGA 1700 board on the high end, it does basically everything, and the others are pretty equivalent with slightly different connectivity options and VRMs. 

3 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Yeah, they were both spinoffs from Pegasus. ASUS is now an entirely different company, no longer associated with Pegasus, while ASRock still is last I remember. 

I'd argue that they never did. You look around at all times and you'll find horror stories from all of them. I would just ignore who made the board and just be prepared to have a bad time if the board ever decides to give the ghost. The only one where I haven't heard horror stories from is EVGA, and unless you're planning on buying a $400+ motherboard they're not an option. 

Right now, a couple good options are the Z790 Aorus Elite AX, Z690 Carbon Force (assuming it's ~$300 US), Z790-A Pro, and Z790 Tomahawk. The Z690 Force is arguably the best value LGA 1700 board on the high end, it does basically everything, and the others are pretty equivalent with slightly different connectivity options and VRMs. 

Thanks, I'll take a look at those. The main thing I would be looking for is 2.5 gbe. Beyond that, the other needs are pretty basic gaming system only.  Not really going to try and over clock it hard unlike the tinkering I do on my 13900k system.