MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Zero Fan Speed

Gautam.Dey

I got MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3080 Ti but the issue here is I am unable to set the fan speed to zero using MSI Afterburner or Fan Control v156.

No matter what I do the fans will always spin at 30%. Eventually, it'll stop and be at 0% until I put even the slightest load on the GPU, like opening a youtube page. This was not the case with my Zotac 3070 where I kept the fans from spinning till the GPU hits the 60'C mark.

I wanna do the same with the 3080 Ti, I don't want the GPU fans to keep spinning for no reason and without any kind of load. If anybody has any idea as to what can be done to achieve it, I'll be very grateful.

PS - After researching a bit I came to know that the GPU doesn't support Zero Fan Speed or something similar to that. Maybe, I'm not sure about it.

Please help.

Screenshot_10.jpg

15 minutes ago, Gautam.Dey said:

I got MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3080 Ti but the issue here is I am unable to set the fan speed to zero using MSI Afterburner or Fan Control v156.

No matter what I do the fans will always spin at 30%. Eventually, it'll stop and be at 0% until I put even the slightest load on the GPU, like opening a youtube page. This was not the case with my Zotac 3070 where I kept the fans from spinning till the GPU hits the 60'C mark.

I wanna do the same with the 3080 Ti, I don't want the GPU fans to keep spinning for no reason and without any kind of load. If anybody has any idea as to what can be done to achieve it, I'll be very grateful.

PS - After researching a bit I came to know that the GPU doesn't support Zero Fan Speed or something similar to that. Maybe, I'm not sure about it.

Please help.

Screenshot_10.jpg

According to the MSI website it does support zero fan speed.
image.thumb.png.a5a9785e7a993eea9b7e92ca85ddd385.png

Just now, Hinjima said:

Looks like that model does not support zero fan mode.  My PALIT 2080 Super did not either, 30% was the lowest I could get it.

Won't that degrade the fans in the long run? If they are always spinning. 

3 minutes ago, Gautam.Dey said:

Naah, I wouldn't worry about that at all!  We got 700,800 and 900 series cards still running with fans spinning.   Been building computers for over 20 years, never seen a fan fail.

Alright, then I'll stop worrying about it. But I still think it's a flawed design for these very high-end cards. 

Thanks for the help.

17 minutes ago, Gautam.Dey said:

Alright, then I'll stop worrying about it. But I still think it's a flawed design for these very high-end cards. 

Thanks for the help.

I agree.  I wouldn't worry at all 🙂  Its better for the fans to run at a constant 30% than to have them at 0% and ramp up if you open a youtube video or anything light, THAT is more wear on the fan motor, starting and stopping constantly. Set it to 30% as minimum and forget about it.  Play some games with your new GPU and enjoy 👍  You could try to install MSI dragon center, it has a zero frozr RPM mode setting for MSI cards. Give that a go and let me know how you get on. Uninstall Fan Control v156 and remove the custom settings in MSI Afterburner first.
image.png.7693a64d55b7cc4a67cd55b09bfbab65.png

5 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

I agree.  I wouldn't worry at all 🙂  Its better for the fans to run at a constant 30% than to have them at 0% and ramp up if you open a youtube video or anything light, THAT is more wear on the fan motor, starting and stopping constantly. Set it to 30% as minimum and forget about it.  Play some games with your new GPU and enjoy 👍  You could try to install MSI dragon center, it has a zero frozr RPM mode setting for MSI cards. Give that a go and let me know how you get on.
image.png.7693a64d55b7cc4a67cd55b09bfbab65.png

I did install it and it's the same. But what you said is correct, rather than having the fans ramping up suddenly it's better to be at 30% consistently. Zero Fan speed works on its own I think. After staying idle the fans will stop spinning and after some time it'll again be at 30%. Don't really know what triggers them as the temps always stay below 60'C. But then again it's not loud and I think it'll be fine. We'll see. 😉

2 minutes ago, Gautam.Dey said:

I did install it and it's the same. But what you said is correct, rather than having the fans ramping up suddenly it's better to be at 30% consistently. Zero Fan speed works on its own I think. After staying idle the fans will stop spinning and after some time it'll again be at 30%. Don't really know what triggers them as the temps always stay below 60'C. But then again it's not loud and I think it'll be fine. We'll see. 😉

Alright, fair enough!  It will be fine, no need to worry at all 🙂

7 hours ago, Gautam.Dey said:

for bearings, the hardest load is at the start and at peak. Its not when its spinning normally.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.