Another one clogs the pipes (Lian Li Galahad AiOs getting clogged and no public response from Lian Li yet)

Alvin853

Summary

This morning Igor Wallossek from the german hardware news page igorslab.de posted an article, that he had been contacted by a friend who was having issues with their Galahad 360 AiO liquid cooling. Igor did research AiO build quality in the past, and also knew about the issues MSI and Fractal were having last year that resulted in public statements and recalls. Lian Li was not on the list of manufacturers to react to issues discovered last year, but it seems they were affected as well and decided to stay quiet about it.

Quotes

Since I knew that Lian Li also has the Galahad 360 manufactured by Apaltek, I wrote to Lian Li directly after my investigations, just like many other companies from which I knew which assembly line the products come from. While MSI and Fractal, for example, responded immediately and proactively, I unfortunately never received a response from Lian Li.

My thoughts

Is it becoming the norm for companies to try and play down widespread issues in hopes it doesn't make big news, just deal with each case individually? After all the news on ASUS this week, and many similar cases in the past, it is very obvious that most companies don't care about their customers. I have a Galahad 240 myself, it's been running for 1.5 years and the cooling performance has dropped off significantly. I did a full service trying to resolve the issues, but the problem persists and I got Lian Li customer support to send a replacement unit. It arrived 3 days ago and I was literally about to mount it tomorrow, when I read the news about this being a widespread problem, and probably one Lian Li should know about and have been knowing about for months, but they decided not to release any warnings, recalls, or anything the like, they just wait until their customers potentially kill their hardware. Lian Li is one of the big name brands, just like ASUS, why do they betray their customers like this?

Sources

https://www.igorslab.de/en/das-aio-sterben-geht-munter-weiter-lian-li-galahad-360-1-version-mit-komplettverstopfung-kaufwarnung/

The only thing I'd ever buy from Lian Li are their cases, always heard about bad experiences with their AIOs and PSUs....

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^