Weird/ugly fonts in browser after installing new graphics card

I replaced my old 750ti with a 3060. Everything is fine, but in chrome the fonts are weird. Its like thicker than before and a bit blurry (especially in google search and youtube titles).
I have already tried a lot of things. I played with hardware acceleration settings, ClearType, performance settings in windows (smoothing fonts), nvidia fxaa anti-aliasing, restore default font settings, disabled chrome extensions, tried different drivers too, but no luck so far. I took some screenshots so you can see.

Spoiler

help1.png.eeee8be1938598d1051e4117ea3ebde3.png

Spoiler

help2.thumb.png.4af11fe659c3ffd06ce134fc53c196c6.png

Spoiler

help3.png.6fcf5393b2b73af4b5ce1ec0fb6bbf18.png

i... dont see anything different?

this all looks normal

Dont forget to mark as solution if your question is answered

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

Join team Red, my apprentice

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

CPU OC: -30 all cores @AutoGhz

GPU OC: 3Ghz Core 2750Mhz Memory w/ 25%W increase (460W)

I agree with above, which makes me think it might be a monitor or resolution setting you will need to change to alleviate the uglyness.
Make sure its set to the right resolution for the monitor, as well as refresh rate.
Seeing you did most things needed to make it better.
I would higly suggest checking monitor settings.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

The monitor settings are the exact same as with the old graphics card. I might switch back to the old card and show you the difference

Check your cleartype settings in windows. I’m 99% sure that’s the problem based on your description.

• 1 year later...

@WhatisthisI guess I'm the 1%, perhaps @PotatoGuy8 too. I never had this issue until I moved over from AMD to NVIDA. I suppose not everyone sees things the same so you all can't see any difference.

In the NVIDIA forums, there's some discussion—though not extensive—among a number of frustrated customers who insist that issues with NVIDIA GPUs have persisted for quite some time. I tend to agree with this sentiment. I own a 1650Ti. While some attribute the problem to Windows, particularly W10, I've found W11 to be even more problematic.

It's baffling that even with a 32-inch monitor boasting a 2560x1440 resolution, meticulously calibrated, 75 Hz, 100% scale layout, we still struggle to achieve crystal-clear text in web browsers, especially Chromium-based ones.

Additionally, I've noticed that a lot of text appears unnaturally light in Chrome, prompting me to rely on a font-enhancing extension. Of course, the real issue is why do website developers insist on using very light gray fonts in the first place. I use a browser font enhancer extension to help compensate. 

Despite NVIDIA's reputation for producing exceptional gaming GPUs, if your priority lies in text clarity and crispness, I would avoid NVIDIA. 

On 5/12/2023 at 8:03 AM, PotatoGuy8 said:

The monitor settings are the exact same as with the old graphics card. I might switch back to the old card and show you the difference

A year later, what's the result?