liquid metal graphene pad and direct die

smoothnobody

conductonaut is known to be the best. conductonaut extreme is now available, but i can't find a single review for it. i assume it is the new king, but it sure would be nice to find a review for it.

kryosheet is the new version of the carbonaut. i assume it's better. can't find any reviews for this either. i like the simplicity no mess and no risk of killing parts. even if conductonaut is better by a few degrees, this sounds like the best option. i sure would like to know the difference in temps though.

ryzen 7000 direct die frame. i saw romans video showing 20 degree drop in temps. but you can accomplish this with delid and liquid metal alone. so not seeing what gains you get by adding direct die frame. not sure if you can use this with NHD15.

I see they offer no datasheet for the kryosheet nor the carbonaut, can't even check the thermal resistivity or electrical conductivity or anything. Guess you'll have to wait for reviews.

(Then again, I checked the available datasheets and half of them were barren of information or were incomplete for what I would expect for a thermal product. It's like they made advertising material out of the datasheet instead of putting data in it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

expect around 3C drop going from delid liquid metal to direct die cooling.

the problem with direct die cooling is the cooler. 

The design of the cooler and how you mount it will effect what result you get.

sometimes the heat pipe doesn't line up well with the die and actually increse the temp

sometimes the mounting mechanism is just difficult to mod to get a good even mounting pressure

sometimes due to the design of the coldplate, liquid metal wouldn't be able to bridge the gap without using lots and risk running out on the side. especially problematic for coolers that have exposed heatpipes in the coldplate. you might need to grind and sand and flatten.

honestly it's not worth it if u just need performance

but if u just wanna tinker or if your building sth very powerful in a very compact SFF case then that's a different story

15 hours ago, smoothnobody said:

conductonaut is known to be the best. conductonaut extreme is now available, but i can't find a single review for it. i assume it is the new king, but it sure would be nice to find a review for it.

kryosheet is the new version of the carbonaut. i assume it's better. can't find any reviews for this either. i like the simplicity no mess and no risk of killing parts. even if conductonaut is better by a few degrees, this sounds like the best option. i sure would like to know the difference in temps though.

ryzen 7000 direct die frame. i saw romans video showing 20 degree drop in temps. but you can accomplish this with delid and liquid metal alone. so not seeing what gains you get by adding direct die frame. not sure if you can use this with NHD15.

I gather that the GN video about Carbonaut wasn't useful?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

8 hours ago, RevGAM said:

I gather that the GN video about Carbonaut wasn't useful?

no, it only talks about carbonaut. he said it's within margin or error of the competition. i'm asking about the new products.

I wish I had an answer for you. The Tom's Hardware article comparing 90 products was interesting, especially since the gap between best and worst was about 23 degrees, but most were within less than 10 degrees of the best. Yet, neither of the ones you wanted to know about are there. Still, the chart proves that the claims of some people here that all products are essentially the same is not true.

z5AV7UgxGUcEfdVMaWDYD9-1200-80.png.webp

I hope you find something about those two products and share it here.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

I find this list to be highly sus.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

3 hours ago, freeagent said:

I find this list to be highly sus.

🤯 What? Tom's Hardware sus? 🤣 Since I saw their PA120 SE review, I was disappointed. Beside, most of their "best of" never show you all the things they tested, so I've long questioned them. And then when they took the SK Hynix Platinum P21 off the best of SSDs list, but kept the Gold, that was really sus.

What is it about it that is sus?

Edited by RevGAM
Correction, added info

7 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

What is it about it that is sus?

Look at the list, to me their rankings seem.. off.

8 minutes ago, freeagent said:

Look at the list, to me their rankings seem.. off.

I don't know enough about thermal compounds to know what is off.

5 hours ago, RevGAM said:

I don't know enough about thermal compounds to know what is off.

Well, for starters.. MX-5 is not the best TIM in the world 😄

Any idea what the test system is? I see some TIM that has not been in production for eons in there. Makes me wonder.

16 minutes ago, freeagent said:

Well, for starters.. MX-5 is not the best TIM in the world 😄

Any idea what the test system is? I see some TIM that has not been in production for eons in there. Makes me wonder.

Thanks. TH should've explained that in the article. If they didn't, I have no idea.

Also, you cannot compare TIM from an old CPU, say something from X58, to say AM4.

They have a shitload of retesting to do. That list is well over 15 years old, they just add to it.