Weird green artifacts on monitor

Pallyhold34

Hello everybody, so I've been having weird green line artifacts popping up on my monitor while using a web browser. I initially thought it was just chrome so I used Microsoft edge and the same lines pop up. I can't recreate it without google chrome open so I'm assuming its something related to web browsers. Any ideas what could be happening? I also switch between two display cords. I run two monitors with 144hz and this issue persists while on 60hz and 120hz on both monitors. Just want reclarify this doesn't happen outside of a web browser. Quick note, it stopped happening after I closed honkai star rail on the main monitor. Was playing while the lines were happening on the second monitor.

(green glow on the right side of the monitor is from my standalone hyperX RGB mic.)

IMG_1991.jpg

IMG_1993.jpg

7 minutes ago, Krimmix said:

Does it still happen if you turn off hardware acceleration?

Yeah it still does. I originally didn't have it on so I thought maybe turning it on will fix it but unfortunately still does it off and on.

Did you at any point run out of memory (including pagefiles)? I remember my browser having weird green hyrogriphic artifacting when that happens whilst it's on in the background during the exact moment I lack memory.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

Does it show up in screenshots? If it doesn't, it's happening after the GPU has sent the signal so it would be the port, cable or monitor (Or monitor tech like Freesync/G-Sync). 

35 minutes ago, venomtail said:

Did you at any point run out of memory (including pagefiles)? I remember my browser having weird green hyrogriphic artifacting when that happens whilst it's on in the background during the exact moment I lack memory.

I don't think I have, my system currently has 32gb of ram but I am starting to have little space in my hard drives maybe that can be a thing?

29 minutes ago, Bjoolz said:

Does it show up in screenshots? If it doesn't, it's happening after the GPU has sent the signal so it would be the port, cable or monitor (Or monitor tech like Freesync/G-Sync). 

I tried but they show up really quick that I had to record it with my phone to get the shots I provided. You know a way I can do it and give it a try?

5 hours ago, Pallyhold34 said:

I tried but they show up really quick that I had to record it with my phone to get the shots I provided. You know a way I can do it and give it a try?

If you have an Nvidia GPU you can set up Shadowplay to constantly record and you press a button to save the last 5 minutes. Video recording will be equally useful as a screenshot.