mouse not working

Go to solution Solved by damned,
2 hours ago, Trinity-W said:

Hi Rat, Yes first thing replace battery. If that's been done connect to a different USB PORT. If it's still not working it could be a driver conflict or hardware problem with the Mouse. The worst scenario it could be the MBO that is faulty. Any computer part can fail any time. A lot of parts are not made to last a long time. 

4 hours ago, spaghet rat said:

so i have a wireless (i think 2.4 ghz) mouse iv had for i think like 3-6 months. the specific model is this (https://leedsproducts.brandeditems.com/product/galactic-wireless-mouse/) and i got it from my cousin who works at fritolay, and as such it has a doritos logo on it. like 20 minutes ago it started acting funny like not tracking properly, jittering all over the screen when i moved it. i cleaned the lens and opened it up and nothing look broken. could it be a problem with the dongle? what is the problem here? it was working fine and then just broke. im using a backup wired mouse but i would like some help fixing it.

Highly unlikely it would be MBO.  It sounds extremely likely that this mouse may just be starting to fail. Especially since you are currently using a backup mouse and I assume it works fine, it sounds like a mouse issue and not an issue with your computer. Looking at the product link you sent, looks like they would not be built very well after all, especially as they are sold as bulk to companies that just want to slap their logos on it and give as a freebie.

so i have a wireless (i think 2.4 ghz) mouse iv had for i think like 3-6 months. the specific model is this (https://leedsproducts.brandeditems.com/product/galactic-wireless-mouse/) and i got it from my cousin who works at fritolay, and as such it has a doritos logo on it. like 20 minutes ago it started acting funny like not tracking properly, jittering all over the screen when i moved it. i cleaned the lens and opened it up and nothing look broken. could it be a problem with the dongle? what is the problem here? it was working fine and then just broke. im using a backup wired mouse but i would like some help fixing it.

you dont need an aio for anything but i9 cpus or heavy oc jobs just get an nh-d15 or peerless assassin

MARK THE SOLUTION AS SOLUTION

i am 14 so i may be wrong sometimes

@Bob__ is a w

The Galactic Wireless Mouse is perfect for either travel or at a desk. Small built-in Nano receiver which receives signal up to 10 meters away. Also has power off capability to preserve battery life and three different DPI (800, 1200. 1600) for speed adjustment. Includes 2 x AAA batteries. 

There is no telling how long the mouse sat on some stores shelf so even though you haven't been using it for very long there is always the possibility the batteries are going south.  Try installing a pair of new batteries and see if that doesn't fix the problem

Take Care and Good Luck.

1 hour ago, spaghet rat said:

Hi Rat, Yes first thing replace battery. If that's been done connect to a different USB PORT. If it's still not working it could be a driver conflict or hardware problem with the Mouse. The worst scenario it could be the MBO that is faulty. Any computer part can fail any time. A lot of parts are not made to last a long time. 

Bit of a tech guy, converted to PC's when consoles did not entertain me enough, the last console being an Xbox, was fun with Halo multi-play though. But  the want to discover, to test, to learn more about computers drove me to levels I had never known...

Some GPU's I have had, 8800GTS 384MB, 7800GT, GEFORCE 4 MX440, 250GTS,  770 GTX, 1650 GTX, RTX 3050 Plus many other GPU's over the years...

The respect I have for LMG is massive like a black hole, sucking in all the knowledge, I watch their awesome video's, their knowledge is like that of a God. Seriously some say they are number 1 in the whole wide world. LMG is like the INTEL fabrication plant. Beaming with technology goodness...

2 hours ago, Trinity-W said:

4 hours ago, spaghet rat said:

Highly unlikely it would be MBO.  It sounds extremely likely that this mouse may just be starting to fail. Especially since you are currently using a backup mouse and I assume it works fine, it sounds like a mouse issue and not an issue with your computer. Looking at the product link you sent, looks like they would not be built very well after all, especially as they are sold as bulk to companies that just want to slap their logos on it and give as a freebie.

8 hours ago, Trinity-W said:

neither worked. also whats mbo

you dont need an aio for anything but i9 cpus or heavy oc jobs just get an nh-d15 or peerless assassin

@Bob__ is a w

17 hours ago, spaghet rat said:

neither worked. also whats mbo

MBO is motherboard.

6 hours ago, damned said:

MBO is motherboard.

oh im using a chromebook lmao

@Bob__ is a w

5 hours ago, spaghet rat said:

oh im using a chromebook lmao

Sounds like a hardware failure for sure. Just the mouse reaching its end of life.