New build will not boot when dual channel RAM is installed

Nanerpus

Decided to do something nice for myself and build a top of the line PC. Parts are as follows

i9 - 13900k

ASRock Z790 TAICHI Intel LGA1700 EATX Mainboard , 4 slots DDR5

EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 GT

GIGABYTE Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6X

4 sticks of CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 7200 (PC5 57600) Desktop Memory Model CMH32GX5M2X7200C34 (I confirmed that these sticks were on the QVL for the MoBo)

2x WD_BLACK SN850X NVMe M.2 2280 2TB PCI-Express 4.0 x4 Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) WDS200T2X0E

Installed everything and all 4 sticks of ram and PC will not post and cycles through the codes 00 C0 15 12 28 7F 19. It does this if there is any ram installed in A1 or A2

If I only run ram in slots B1 and/or B2 it will boot to BIOS in single channel mode.

I have updated the BIOS as well to 6.04

I am pulling my hair out here trying to figure out what the issue is. Bad CPU?

2 minutes ago, Nanerpus said:

Bad CPU?

Would not surprise me. It's either a bad CPU mount, bad cooler mount, bad motherboard, or bad CPU. I'd reseat the CPU and cooler, see if that helps, then contact ASRock to possibly RMA it. 

1 minute ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Would not surprise me. It's either a bad CPU mount, bad cooler mount, bad motherboard, or bad CPU. I'd reseat the CPU and cooler, see if that helps, then contact ASRock to possibly RMA it. 

I have tried reseating the cpu, loosening how tight the cooler was attachd (H150I Elite LCD)

19 minutes ago, Nanerpus said:

Decided to do something nice for myself and build a top of the line PC. Parts are as follows

i9 - 13900k

ASRock Z790 TAICHI Intel LGA1700 EATX Mainboard , 4 slots DDR5

EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 GT

GIGABYTE Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6X

4 sticks of CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 7200 (PC5 57600) Desktop Memory Model CMH32GX5M2X7200C34 (I confirmed that these sticks were on the QVL for the MoBo)

2x WD_BLACK SN850X NVMe M.2 2280 2TB PCI-Express 4.0 x4 Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) WDS200T2X0E

Installed everything and all 4 sticks of ram and PC will not post and cycles through the codes 00 C0 15 12 28 7F 19. It does this if there is any ram installed in A1 or A2

If I only run ram in slots B1 and/or B2 it will boot to BIOS in single channel mode.

I have updated the BIOS as well to 6.04

I am pulling my hair out here trying to figure out what the issue is. Bad CPU?

Could be a bad controller on the CPU

I hit 700W on an i5 with a NHD15

Also I'm 14 so please just confirm anything I say with someone more experienced

5 minutes ago, Nanerpus said:

I have tried reseating the cpu, loosening how tight the cooler was attachd (H150I Elite LCD)

At that point, it's time to start returning and replacing stuff. I'd start with the motherboard, that's the most likely to be bad, but the CPU is possible as well. 

Yeah... Seems like a weak CPU memory controller, you see it a lot with these first and second generation controllers.  X99 went through the same thing with DDR4 but it was basically ironed out by the time that Skylake chips debuted.  Even some of the later X99 chips and boards are okay nowadays.

1 hour ago, Nanerpus said:

I'm confused, is this two kits of 2x or only two sticks?

If its two kits then that is not recommended as even the same model means they can be slightly different.  QVL is only valid for a single kit where all sticks are confirmed at the factory to be the same batch.

Although given you tested them two at a time, they does suggest there is still a problem.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

51 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

If its two kits then that is not recommended as even the same model means they can be slightly different.  QVL is only valid for a single kit where all sticks are confirmed at the factory to be the same batch.

Although given you tested them two at a time, they does suggest there is still a problem.

Yeah there's no chance you can boot at DDR5-7200 with all four DIMMs populated. However, if the OP tried A1 and A2 with nothing in B1 and B2 and it didn't POST that also suggests that the board is bad. Unlikely to be the CPU but always possible until proven otherwise.

9 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

It is 4 16gm sticks total

8 hours ago, ls612 said:

Yeah there's no chance you can boot at DDR5-7200 with all four DIMMs populated. However, if the OP tried A1 and A2 with nothing in B1 and B2 and it didn't POST that also suggests that the board is bad. Unlikely to be the CPU but always possible until proven otherwise.

Maybe I just completely misunderstood everything while building, but why would 4 sticks not work?

51 minutes ago, Nanerpus said:

Maybe I just completely misunderstood everything while building, but why would 4 sticks not work?

DDR5 is fickle, it can run faster with two sticks than four and the QVL should accordingly mention which work for two and which for four.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

I would RMA the board and return the RAM (assuming you are still in the return window) and order new RAM in a single kit which is designed to run at the posted speeds. DDR5-7200 is pretty fast for DDR5 now and with how finicky DDR5 still is on Intel it may be if you need 64 gigs you will have to go with a 2x32 6400CL32 kit on intel 13th gen.

9 hours ago, Nanerpus said:

I mean it should work but complications can arise, even if they are the make and model. Sometimes they have different types of actual memory chips in them (whatever is cheapest at the time that batch was put together) that don't play nice together. I don't have dd5 myself but you could try loosening the timings and lowering frequency. Though I imagine thats probably not something you want to do after paying that much money on components.