Pc won't Boot after BIOS Update

Hi People,

So recently I got a Problem with my CPU, it had huge Clock-speed drops in games. Naturally I wanted to solve this and tried many things. Nothing helped, someone recommended me to update my BIOS, that I didn't try. So I Updated my BIOS, just like MSI said to do on their Homepage and YT-Videos. I started the Update, when the download was at 50-70% I was gone for 60 sec. After I came back my screen was black, I wanted for 20 min. and it still was black. I am preatty sure that the power didn't go out in those 60 sec and the USBdrive didn't somehow fell out of the USB port. The fans still spinning, no error messages on the mainboard, nothing. So I powered my PC down and tried to turn it on, still blackscreen (no boot). So I thought: " Ok, the BIOS update got fucked up somehow. So I just do a BIOS hard reset" And I did, but still nothing. I don't know if the hard reset worked or not, but my PC doesn't boot. If I turn on my PC now, none of the Error Led's on my Motherboard light up, except the CPU, but only for 10 sec. 

So what do you guys think? Did I fucked up my Mainboard, my CPU, both, or can I fix it somehow?

My Specs:

Ryzen 5 3600X

Corsair Vengeance 32 GB of 2400Mhz

Palit RTX 3060

MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX (doesn't have USB-Flashback)

If the bios update failed in the middle and the board doesn't have bios flashback, and CMOS resets, and power cycles don't get it to work then the board is most likely bricked. Thus it would need to be replaced. When a board is bricked with no bios flashback feature there isn't anything you can do.  

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

It does have CMOS reset (you mean that reset with the little jumpers right?) and I did that, but as said it didn't change anything.

18 minutes ago, BigBootyB said:

Hi People,

So recently I got a Problem with my CPU, it had huge Clock-speed drops in games. Naturally I wanted to solve this and tried many things. Nothing helped, someone recommended me to update my BIOS, that I didn't try. So I Updated my BIOS, just like MSI said to do on their Homepage and YT-Videos. I started the Update, when the download was at 50-70% I was gone for 60 sec. After I came back my screen was black, I wanted for 20 min. and it still was black. I am preatty sure that the power didn't go out in those 60 sec and the USBdrive didn't somehow fell out of the USB port. The fans still spinning, no error messages on the mainboard, nothing. So I powered my PC down and tried to turn it on, still blackscreen (no boot). So I thought: " Ok, the BIOS update got fucked up somehow. So I just do a BIOS hard reset" And I did, but still nothing. I don't know if the hard reset worked or not, but my PC doesn't boot. If I turn on my PC now, none of the Error Led's on my Motherboard light up, except the CPU, but only for 10 sec. 

So what do you guys think? Did I fucked up my Mainboard, my CPU, both, or can I fix it somehow?

My Specs:

Ryzen 5 3600X

Corsair Vengeance 32 GB of 2400Mhz

Palit RTX 3060

MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX (doesn't have USB-Flashback)

my theory is that the pc was in the middle of doing some reset cycles to make sure everything was good when you powered it off, interrupting this process. im not sure exactly though, but if that is the case and nothing else has worked, then the board is bricked unfortunately.

what id do is remove the cmos battery for like 20 min or so, then put it back in and try to power the pc back up. id also try reseating the cpu. ive had it happen before where the pc fails to boot, and reseating the cpu fixed this for me. (5x3d and b550)

1 hour ago, SpookyCitrus said:

When a board is bricked with no bios flashback feature there isn't anything you can do.  

except there is plenty you can do. 
such as buy a cheap spi flasher and externally flash the bios rom. 

Yeap easy bios bricked board fix is a ch34a1 programmer, cheaper option than buying a new board probably, not difficult to watch/read some guides on flashing the bios chip with it.

52 minutes ago, OhYou_ said:

except there is plenty you can do. 
such as buy a cheap spi flasher and externally flash the bios rom. 

Gonna be completely honest here. I had no idea they made reprogramming kits for bios chips that did not require removing the chip from the board. That's pretty cool. I tend to tell people there isn't much you can do once it's bricked because it used to require removing/replacing the bios chip and wasn't worth the time or effort particularly on cheaper boards. So I've never looked into alternate options.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

Ok, these are some really helpful Tips, that I wouldn't have thought of. So I finally found the BIOS Chip on the Motherboard. Did I understood it correctly that I need to remove the BIOS Chip from the board or not? Or can I connect it via the JSPI1 connector (in the Image) or how?

20230412_134059.jpg

22 minutes ago, BigBootyB said:

Ok, these are some really helpful Tips, that I wouldn't have thought of. So I finally found the BIOS Chip on the Motherboard. Did I understood it correctly that I need to remove the BIOS Chip from the board or not? Or can I connect it via the JSPI1 connector (in the Image) or how?

20230412_134059.jpg

some of the external bios flashers comes with a connector you can connect to that port, as you see from the IC lanes, it's connected directly to the chip. 

an example i found. https://darkwire.com.au/shop/ols/products/flashcatusb-classic-v2-programmer-flashcat-3v-5v-flash-24-25-93-95-eeproms  

but it will need  https://darkwire.com.au/shop/ols/products/flashcatusb-msi-jspi1-adapter-and-cable the cable to connect to yours .. 

you also get those you can connect directly to the chip out pins. 

this is the ali express one..  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003609533117.html?pdp_npi=2%40dis!USD!US%24 3.59!US%24 3.16!!!!!%402103242516813014791976072ec7c1!12000026480125312!btf&_t=pvid:649751c6-ba56-47e6-940e-18fb9bf0c8e6&afTraceInfo=1005003609533117__pc__pcBridgePPC__xxxxxx__1681301479&spm=a2g0o.ppclist.product.mainProduct

with the clamp you can clamp it directly on the bios.. if it's a single chip.  it is possible to split bios and separatly install the data to several chips too. 

i guess you should be able to use the jspi1 port if you reverse it and clamp on to one of the adapters.  but i have never tried it..  it's all about connecting the dots.