Alternatives to gaming headsets

Don't want to wear a headset anymore so looking for good alternatives to play games and talk to friends on discord.

1 hour ago, pmav05 said:

Don't want to wear a headset anymore so looking for good alternatives to play games and talk to friends on discord.

Any open-backed headphones that fit your budget with a removeable cable (1/8" input jack on the headphones) + Antlion ModMic or VModa Boom Pro. Go closed-back if there's a lot of room noise or if you're around people and you don't want them to hear the game audio. Biggest question is what is your budget.

42 minutes ago, Omon_Ra said:

Any open-backed headphones that fit your budget with a removeable cable (1/8" input jack on the headphones) + Antlion ModMic or VModa Boom Pro. Go closed-back if there's a lot of room noise or if you're around people and you don't want them to hear the game audio. Biggest question is what is your budget.

Was thinking more in ear earphones + Mic (Or earphones with a mic and with an audio splitter) as I don't want to wear a headset on head. Budget $100-$150 AUD

2 hours ago, pmav05 said:

Was thinking more in ear earphones + Mic (Or earphones with a mic and with an audio splitter) as I don't want to wear a headset on head. Budget $100-$150 AUD

Gotcha, thought you were just trying to move on from gaming headsets. I personally don't like in-ears, they're uncomfortable for me. But I know there are plenty here that swear by in-ear monitors.

Well, to continue shilling the Antlion stuff; we just launched the Kimura in January. Sold out of everything but the Solo atm; but... I mean it sounds like this is what you're looking for:

https://antlionaudio.com/collections/kimura

Normally I am not quite that "here's a link to our stuff" but this seems to be exactly what you're after :D.

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!