Pink/Red light on rx580

blen

Pink/Red light on rx580

i’ve had my rx580 for over 2 years and it’s been nothing but good. i was just in game and all of a sudden my monitors turn black. i reset my pc and my monitors are bugging out showing the same display and in display settings it says cant detect another monitor. i reset again, and now my monitors won’t turn on at all and i have a red/pink light flashing from my gpu. can anyone help?

4 minutes ago, blen said:

i’ve had my rx580 for over 2 years

Did you buy it used?

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

First things first, try connecting just one display out to the graphics card. It could be that something about one particular display out is borked. For example, try connecting just to the first DisplayPort, then to just the HDMI, and see if either config works.

Second, try reseating the other connections involved. Reseat the power cable(s). Reseat the card itself. See if you can get one video out after that.

Third, what troubleshooting options do you have if you can't get picture through the card? Do you have a second graphics card somewhere? Does your CPU have an iGPU?

3 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Did you buy it used?

brand new 

1 minute ago, YoungBlade said:

First things first, try connecting just one display out to the graphics card. It could be that something about one particular display out is borked. For example, try connecting just to the first DisplayPort, then to just the HDMI, and see if either config works.

Second, try reseating the other connections involved. Reseat the power cable(s). Reseat the card itself. See if you can get one video out after that.

Third, what troubleshooting options do you have if you can't get picture through the card? Do you have a second graphics card somewhere? Does your CPU have an iGPU?

thanks man i’ll try and get back to you

24 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

thanks man i reset everything at did my monitors one at a time and everything turns on now, however both monitors are showing the same thing, and in display settings it says it cant detect another monitor 

3 minutes ago, blen said:

thanks man i reset everything at did my monitors one at a time and everything turns on now, however both monitors are showing the same thing, and in display settings it says it cant detect another monitor 

That could either be a software or a hardware issue. Hopefully, it's software.

You can try updating your drivers and choosing the option to restore default settings to make sure it wasn't a settings issue.

If your drivers don't need to be updated, you can try just restoring factory defaults in AMD's software under the Preferences tab.

If you're already on the latest driver, and the factory defaults reset doesn't fix it, then it could be an issue with the current driver. Here's a guide to roll back drivers if you want to go that route: https://windowsreport.com/amd-radeon-driver-rollback/

25 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

That could either be a software or a hardware issue. Hopefully, it's software.

You can try updating your drivers and choosing the option to restore default settings to make sure it wasn't a settings issue.

If your drivers don't need to be updated, you can try just restoring factory defaults in AMD's software under the Preferences tab.

If you're already on the latest driver, and the factory defaults reset doesn't fix it, then it could be an issue with the current driver. Here's a guide to roll back drivers if you want to go that route: https://windowsreport.com/amd-radeon-driver-rollback/

all fixed thank you so much man means a lot 🙂