Best 3d printer

Hi! I'm a dnd nerd looking to get a 3d printer to make my own minis at home. I was wondering what a good bang for the buck printer would be to make minis myself instead of buying them in stores or using expensive things like hero forge. I am fine with spending anywhere between 100-700 dollars, though the 300-400 dollar range would be preffered. I essentially want the exact spot where it is good quality, without being crazy expensive, and i am not saavy enough with 3-d printers to know where that price point is. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

for minifigs most hobbyist use resign printers because of their output quality. It's hard to tell figs apart from ones you just buy. but they are much more involved in cleanup than just cutting support from a FDM "squirt nozel" printer.

your price point should be fine either way. it's more a question of how much space you have for this. you'll have printing material stockpiled a bit, and a resin printer needs a spot for cleaning the prints in alcohol and another for UV curing them (if you arrange your space in a clever way it can be a pretty small footprint but it's work that is part of the whole deal).

Some printers also inherently have better "wife approval" factor if that's of any importance for you. 

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz