LTT Upload all things Sophos XG Home

A quick search on YouTube and browse of the forums makes me think that LTT should do a new build your own firewall tutorial all things Sophos XG Home specifically. The upload of PfSense / OpnSense is great, but a dedicated upload from start to finish for XG Home would take it to another level.

I'm no security engineer/expert however I'm tinkering with XG Home. Having Linus showcase XG Home would encourage loads of others to get on board and bring enterprise grade firewalling to the home, encouraging younger viewers to become interested in security. The fact it is free for home users, even with limited hardware specs, it's more than capable for 1Gbps WAN users with all the features turned on.

I'm using a SFF PC with a LP 4 port card from eBay. The machine has a 6400 and 4GB memory. I've managed to LAG all the card's ports for LAN use and the board's port for WAN.

There are a ton of features that open source do not come with as standard (although you can always add a plug-in) but even just covering the basics in a full upload from LTT showing how to configure DNS, change LAN IP range, etc would be epic.

The one thing I'm personally struggling with is UPnP for basic use such as PlayStation, PC applications such as Plex. You have to manually apply rules to make specific applications to run without problems. As I said, I'm not a network guy so this I struggle with compared to a plug-in you can get using alternatives.

maxresdefault.jpg