Faster "automatic" logouts?

Quackers101

not sure if still a browser thing, but the site has been behaving better before.

where it logout, after a second from login (like a not "full login accepted" in a way). just wanted to mention it.

Also seems worse when just afking too, but I guess it could just be a browser thing.

I can't say that I have ever automatically been logged out of the forum and I use Firefox, Chromium, and Vanadium (Android Chromium Fork).

2 hours ago, Nayr438 said:

I can't say that I have ever automatically been logged out of the forum and I use Firefox, Chromium, and Vanadium (Android Chromium Fork).

there is a setting for some browsers to be a bit more "aggressive" around info capsules/cookies, foot/fingerprints etc. I guess maybe this setting is activating more now, blocking the activity. Although not that much of an issue with other sites.

not sure if I had the same issues on the phone.

Also call it, a feature, not a bug.

I'm not sure I fully understand what you're reporting, can you expand on the issue a bit more?

HTTP/2 203

4 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

I'm not sure I fully understand what you're reporting, can you expand on the issue a bit more?

kind of like the previous issues, login then notice the page freeze and instantly logged out again. (and sometimes better at next login)

was worse yesterday, maybe not as bad today. sometimes at login notices cloudflare (ofc it loads too fast to see what it was about)

Edited by Quackers101

5 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

kind of like the previous issues, login then notice the page freeze and instantly logged out again. (and sometimes better at next login)

was worse yesterday, maybe not as bad today. sometimes at login notices cloudflare (ofc it loads too fast to see what it was about)

Do you use a VPN (or tor, or anything like that), and do you use "Remember me"?

Once you log in, there should never be a freeze followed by something happening - once the page loads, it should stay loaded. I'm not sure I exactly understand what you're describing there.

HTTP/2 203

2 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Do you use a VPN (or tor, or anything like that), and do you use "Remember me"?

Once you log in, there should never be a freeze followed by something happening - once the page loads, it should stay loaded. I'm not sure I exactly understand what you're describing there.

maybe remember me might work at times, although due to browser settings and maybe the browser. remember me will not work as in remembering anything. freezing as in a very quick load for login but gets logged out (if assuming its not someone else trying to access acount, as i would doubt), so the freezing is on that the page is not actually logged in? (same as when "timed out" or "session end") if trying to do any action will return/refresh that you are logged out. not that I'm any good with code, could see if its something else at issue with.

sorry if its confusing, just wanted comment that this more frequent logout was experienced again.

Edited by Quackers101

a followup, seems like it has been better for some 2-3 days now.

I guess its just a cloudflare thing?

• 1 month later...

Hate to revive this but the forum LOVES logging me out  - Sometimes it's almost immediately right after logging in, sometimes it will let me browse for a bit before doing it but normally it takes about 2-3 minutes for it to happen.

It's getting to be annoying as hell, constantly having to log in again just to do anything it seems.

And I logged in to post this and it happened yet again - Logged in once more so this post could be completed.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

41 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

Hate to revive this but the forum LOVES logging me out  - Sometimes it's almost immediately right after logging in, sometimes it will let me browse for a bit before doing it but normally it takes about 2-3 minutes for it to happen.

"remember me" does seem to help for a period and sometimes its more stable than not.

Not sure if its again something with cloudflare or page access, in why it says "sorry, you dont have access to this" at various times when it comes to login or copying whole pages in the comment when in a "signed-in/signed-out mode". Maybe cloudflare thinks this browser is more suspicious.

Edited by Quackers101

15 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

It's getting to be annoying as hell, constantly having to log in again just to do anything it seems.

And I logged in to post this and it happened yet again - Logged in once more so this post could be completed.

If you don't check "remember me", you will get logged out if your IP address changes, which is particularly likely if you're on a mobile network or your ISP uses something like CGNAT.

HTTP/2 203

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

If you don't check "remember me", you will get logged out if your IP address changes, which is particularly likely if you're on a mobile network or your ISP uses something like CGNAT.

I'll try that and see if anything changes.
I normally don't do that but in this case I'll try it and see if it works or not.

And woudn't you just know it - Happened again replying to this response and this time I enabled "Remember Me".

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana

45 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

I'll try that and see if anything changes.
I normally don't do that but in this case I'll try it and see if it works or not.

And woudn't you just know it - Happened again replying to this response and this time I enabled "Remember Me".

What browser are you using, and do you have any privacy focused browser extensions installed?

HTTP/2 203

19 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

What browser are you using, and do you have any privacy focused browser extensions installed?

Firefox in Linux Peppermint 10, updated as it should be.

I do have Ghostery in use so that may be part of it but I have used it before without issue.

EDIT:
So far so good using "Remember Me", haven't had the insta-logout issue since doing it.