NTFS drive 'This folder is empty' - Windows 10

msacco

Hi, I have a new 8TB drive that I purchased, formatted to NTFS and started working with it.

I've copied quite a big chunk of files to the drive over night, seeing it going through with no issues and the files being transferred, but when I woke when to check the drive I'm getting 'This folder is empty' on the file explorer.

Going to 'This PC', I do see x TB free of y TB(which looks correct), also when I go to folder through CMD and try to check for the files(dir) I am able to see the files and even access and open them, if I search on the file explorer I also see the files, and I also moved the drive to another linux machine and it worked with no issues at all, so I'm just really confused about why would this happen.

It doesn't seems to be related to hidden files/folders in any way as I always have it shown.

Any ideas? I don't want to format the drive or anything again.

Thanks.

Solution:

I used xcopy to copy some files, this caused the folder to turn into a protected operating system folder for some reason, so showing hidden folders still didn't show it as I had to show protected operating system folders to see it.

Used the following solution:
https://superuser.com/a/1362050/942315

tl;dr:

attrib -s -h D:\hiddenfoldername