TV / Projector for Avatar 2

Zupadupa

Watching Avatar 2 in cinema was amazing, how likely is it that there will be affordable (less than 5 digits $) TVs or projectors in the near future that can play it as it was made to be?

Requirements:

HDR

3D

High frame-rate (48fps)

From what I read some months ago, consumer projectors can not do all of the above, usually it will only display in 1080p for example.

No news on if 3D TVs will make a return?

Honestly there are already really good projectors that immerse you in the movie/TV show. After that the next best thing is making a dedicated theater room and getting better audio.

I hit 700W on an i5 with a NHD15

Also I'm 14 so please just confirm anything I say with someone more experienced

Its not being released in 48fps so you'll never be able to watch it as intended at home. Don't know why Cameron didn't use 60fps.

This was the only reason I saw it in theaters. The movie itself was pretty dumb. 

While the Blu-Ray spec is technically capable of doing HFR, it's not actually used and would likely require firmware updates on your player to work, so that's likely a bust right there.

3D is also a dying breed. Most 3D TV's are so old they would lack other critical things like OLED quality or HDR capabilities. Maybe you can find a 3D Projector that does HDR? The one @jaslion linked covers the basics, but it uses Pixel Shift to display 4K, so it's not a a native 4K projector. That doesn't mean it'll look bad, but it won't look as good as it could.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 3/30/2023 at 2:48 AM, dilpickle said:

Its not being released in 48fps so you'll never be able to watch it as intended at home. Don't know why Cameron didn't use 60fps.

This was the only reason I saw it in theaters. The movie itself was pretty dumb. 

I would guess that doing VFX at 48 FPS is already taxing enough, let alone 60. I was wondering why they didn't just do the entire movie in 48 FPS given how much of it already is. The frame rate switching detracted from it in my opinion and it didn't seem to serve a particular purpose, especially when it happened seconds apart within the same scene.

On 3/29/2023 at 3:46 PM, Zupadupa said:

No news on if 3D TVs will make a return?

I doubt it personally. It's cool, but I get the feeling that even for theatres it's already borderline gimmicky. I like it when it is done well, but I know plenty of people don't care for it much.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB