Newand first build, no post, pls help

Go to solution Solved by Soundbored,

Based on the information you provided, it seems that you have replaced your motherboard and GPU but still have the same problem. You mentioned that someone told you a BIOS update was needed for your motherboard for your CPU and motherboard to be compatible. It is possible that this is the issue. You can check the compatibility of your RAM with your motherboard by visiting MSI’s website. The light next to the power button flickering indicates disk activity which means that your computer is trying to boot up. You can try connecting your display to the GPU display out socket or the motherboard one to see if it makes a difference. If none of these work, it might be worth checking if your RAM is compatible with your CPU and motherboard. I hope this helps!

hi, just built my built my first pc with some spare parts and some new ones from my 8y old pc which broke. Upon booting for the first time there was no post and cpu debug led turned on.Replaced my mobo with a new one. Now after booting still no post but no debug led's on either. All the fans work and run, even the light on my mouse lights up but i have still yet to see the bios page. I then replaced my gpu cause the heat sink looked really corroded but the same problem still persisted Someone told me a bios update was needed for my mobo for my cpu and mobo to be compatible but im still not quite sure. Also noticed the light next to the power button flickers at random when i turn the pc on, not sure if thats related to anything. Please help, thanks!

CPU: Intel i3 12100f (new)

Mobo: MSI pro H610M-g DDR4 (new and replaced)

RAM: Samsung 8GB RAM sticks(M378A1G43EB1-CPB) (8 years old)

GPU: XFX SWFT210 rx 6600 (new)/Asus 1660 super(new)

CPU Cooler: intel stock cooler (new)

Boot SSD: Samsung 870 QVO 2TB SSD (5-7 years old)

Secondary SSD: Crucial P3 500gb m.2 ssd (new)

PSU: FSP HV pro (2 years old)

Case: Deepcool Mattrexx 40

at this point the only thing i have not replaced is the cpu and power supply. I used the other parts( ram, ssd and m.2ssd) in a seperate pc and they all work fine.

Just to make sure the basics are right first. Do you have your display plugged in to the gpu display out socket or the motherboard one?

19 hours ago, ComradeBard said:

Just to make sure the basics are right first. Do you have your display plugged in to the gpu display out socket or the motherboard one?

tried both and neither worked

My quick input here, and i know its not gonna fix your issue, but recommending someone that has a pc that doesn't post, to do a bios update, is ridicoulous.

You can't update a bios, if you can't get into the bios.

23 hours ago, monkemanalrightman said:

hi, just built my built my first pc with some spare parts and some new ones from my 8y old pc which broke. Upon booting for the first time there was no post and cpu debug led turned on.Replaced my mobo with a new one. Now after booting still no post but no debug led's on either. All the fans work and run, even the light on my mouse lights up but i have still yet to see the bios page. I then replaced my gpu cause the heat sink looked really corroded but the same problem still persisted Someone told me a bios update was needed for my mobo for my cpu and mobo to be compatible but im still not quite sure. Also noticed the light next to the power button flickers at random when i turn the pc on, not sure if thats related to anything. Please help, thanks!

CPU: Intel i3 12100f (new)

Mobo: MSI pro H610M-g DDR4 (new and replaced)

RAM: Samsung 8GB RAM sticks(M378A1G43EB1-CPB) (8 years old)

GPU: XFX SWFT210 rx 6600 (new)/Asus 1660 super(new)

CPU Cooler: intel stock cooler (new)

Boot SSD: Samsung 870 QVO 2TB SSD (5-7 years old)

Secondary SSD: Crucial P3 500gb m.2 ssd (new)

PSU: FSP HV pro (2 years old)

Case: Deepcool Mattrexx 40

at this point the only thing i have not replaced is the cpu and power supply. I used the other parts( ram, ssd and m.2ssd) in a seperate pc and they all work fine.

whats your budget? Also why is your m.2 not your boot ssd

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

For helping you fix the issue i would suggest the following:

I looked up the ram, you put in there.

Sadly i couldn't find out wether its DDR4 or not, but if its 8 years old, i suspect its DDR3, which would explain why your pc won't post, and i can't believe nobody else here mentioned this.

EDIT: nvm it looks to be DDR4.

What Mhz is this ram?

Is the Mhz compatible with both the cpu aswell as the motherboard?

Often post issues are because of ram or cpu compatibility.

1 hour ago, ShadowDog said:

My quick input here, and i know its not gonna fix your issue, but recommending someone that has a pc that doesn't post, to do a bios update, is ridicoulous.

You can't update a bios, if you can't get into the bios.

yea lol that was waht i was thinking

1 hour ago, filpo said:

whats your budget? Also why is your m.2 not your boot ssd

i recycled my solid state frm my old pc which has my os installed on it alr, the m.2 is just there for extra storage

1 hour ago, ShadowDog said:

For helping you fix the issue i would suggest the following:

I looked up the ram, you put in there.

Sadly i couldn't find out wether its DDR4 or not, but if its 8 years old, i suspect its DDR3, which would explain why your pc won't post, and i can't believe nobody else here mentioned this.

EDIT: nvm it looks to be DDR4.

What Mhz is this ram?

Is the Mhz compatible with both the cpu aswell as the motherboard?

Often post issues are because of ram or cpu compatibility.

yep the ram is ddr4, how do i chk the mhz compatilibility between the cpu and mo?

image.png.b42b1e76aa3fbeaa66eb310629732227.pngimage.png.d1dca5bf1b91d76c027c3dd43f833686.png

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/PRO-H610M-G-DDR4/support#mem you can check compatibility here. The specific module you have is not listed, although that does not guarantee 100% ram is the issue. 
This mobo needs an update for 13th gen cpus a 12100 does not need an update.
Do you know if the screen is working, have you tried it with other displays? The light next to the power button flickering indicates disk activity which shouldn't happen if you cant even get it to post 
As for the m.2 and sata ssds you can use macrium reflect to make a clone of the boot drive on the m.2 and just that as your boot drive and format the sata ssd to use for additional storage, should make the system a bit snappier

Based on the information you provided, it seems that you have replaced your motherboard and GPU but still have the same problem. You mentioned that someone told you a BIOS update was needed for your motherboard for your CPU and motherboard to be compatible. It is possible that this is the issue. You can check the compatibility of your RAM with your motherboard by visiting MSI’s website. The light next to the power button flickering indicates disk activity which means that your computer is trying to boot up. You can try connecting your display to the GPU display out socket or the motherboard one to see if it makes a difference. If none of these work, it might be worth checking if your RAM is compatible with your CPU and motherboard. I hope this helps!

17 hours ago, Soundbored said:

plugged the hdmi cable into the gpu directly and it worked! thanks a lot 😄