first build, no post, please help

monkemanalrightman

hi, just built my built my first pc with some spare parts and some new ones from my 8y old pc which broke. Upon booting for the first time there was no post and cpu debug led turned on.Replaced my mobo with a new one. Now after booting still no post but no debug led's on either. All the fans work and run, even the light on my mouse lights up but i have still yet to see the bios page. Someone told me a bios update was needed for my mobo for my cpu and mobo to be compatible but im still not quite sure. Also noticed the light next to the power button flickers at random when i turn the pc on, not sure if thats related to anything. Please help, thanks!

CPU: Intel i3 12100f (new)

Mobo: MSI pro H610M-g DDR4 (new)

RAM: Samsung 8GB RAM sticks(M378A1G43EB1-CPB) (8 years old)

GPU: XFX SWFT210 rx 6600 (new)

CPU Cooler: intel stock cooler (new)

Boot SSD: Samsung 870 QVO 2TB SSD (5-7 years old)

Secondary SSD: Crucial P3 500gb m.2 ssd (new)

PSU: FSP HV pro (2 years old)

Case: Deepcool Mattrexx 40

i suspect a gpu or ram issue. gpu was secondhand from mining.Besides some corrosion on the heat sink it seemed to work fine and the fans turn on but still sus.

Is your RAM DDR4 ?? DDR3 sticks shouldn't even fit, but just to be sure...

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

2 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

M378A1G43EB1-CPB is DDR4

58 minutes ago, Datanerdje said:

Are you sure the lights are random when powering it on? Most of the time this is code. Amount of flickering and back in the day really loud beeps should tell where the error is.

Is it flickering like blinking, or does it look like there is power reaching the light but very weak. 

yeah its very random, i did suspect a lack of power like u said but i checked on pcpartpicker and my psu is 200w over the required power

1 hour ago, PDifolco said:

1 hour ago, Hinjima said:

M378A1G43EB1-CPB is DDR4

yep it fits like a glove. DDR4

1 minute ago, Datanerdje said:

I assume the light is on the mobo, is there any text near the light? 

no the light is next to the power button on the case itself. all the mobo lights are off(including the debug leds)

10 hours ago, Datanerdje said:

But the fans are spinning and someone said you should update the bios? I think you can achieve this with an usb.. But I dont think you will get that far. 

Lets shoot some things off and see how far we can get with the basics?

Did everything go smoothly in? - CPU: Intel i3 12100f (new)

Did you check all the cables just to be sure? Frustrated reinstalling could mess up ones concentration - Mobo: MSI pro H610M-g DDR4 (new)

I saw the conversation above - RAM: Samsung 8GB RAM sticks(M378A1G43EB1-CPB) (8 years old)

Is the GPU fan spinning, showing signs of life? - GPU: XFX SWFT210 rx 6600 (new)

Did u remove the sticker and applied cooling paste? - CPU Cooler: intel stock cooler (new)

Is this formatted and is OS (re)installed? - Boot SSD: Samsung 870 QVO 2TB SSD (5-7 years old)

Should not matter - Secondary SSD: Crucial P3 500gb m.2 ssd (new)

This is working the fans are turning on - PSU: FSP HV pro (2 years old)

Can we get a picture of this?

Did you ever got text on a screen and if so, what did it say?

Did everything go smoothly in? - CPU: Intel i3 12100f (new)

yep, when i exchanged the motherboard the seller helped me to install the cpu and it went in fine.

Did you check all the cables just to be sure? Frustrated reinstalling could mess up ones concentration - Mobo: MSI pro H610M-g DDR4 (new)

recabled everything maybe 2-3 times already with the same result. 8pin eps cable for the cpu, 6+2pin pcie for gpu, the main 24pin atx, and then sata cables for the ssd. Besides that the case cables are the hd audio,usb cables and then the reset,power and hdd led cables.

I saw the conversation above - RAM: Samsung 8GB RAM sticks(M378A1G43EB1-CPB) (8 years old)

Is the GPU fan spinning, showing signs of life? - GPU: XFX SWFT210 rx 6600 (new)

yep gpu fans spin

Did u remove the sticker and applied cooling paste? - CPU Cooler: intel stock cooler (new)

yes, reapplied thermal paste twice and the stock cooler doesnt come with the sticker

Is this formatted and is OS (re)installed? - Boot SSD: Samsung 870 QVO 2TB SSD (5-7 years old)

im not too sure, my previous pc used this ssd and the windows 10 os should be on it

Should not matter - Secondary SSD: Crucial P3 500gb m.2 ssd (new)

This is working the fans are turning on - PSU: FSP HV pro (2 years old)

yep the fan is on

just an update i tested my ram sticks on another spare office pc i have and it booted just fine so im assuming the ram is out of the equation. As for the bios update i would need to get another spare cpu to fit into the motherboard cause i cant even get to the bios page to flash the bios it is quite the hassle to find so im trying to avoid that as much as possible.Anyway the attached is the corroded heat sink(all the white parts should be the corrosion)

1679304318034.jpg