How not to split windows between two monitors?

WannaMurderMicrosoft

Is there a way for a window to be displayed only in one monitor even when i drag it close to the other?

When I Google it it says to disable snap?! I don't get it probably they mean something else. If nothing else snap should prevent the splitting but it doesn't.

I don't know the exact solution but if it is something very annoying you can just switch the display positioning and it will make it like you are in the edge of the monitor when you really are in the middle. just drag one of the screens in display settings and switch their order. but you still have to look for a solution haha this is just a work arround like you will need to work you mouse arround too when you need to go from one display to the other hahahaha

download.jpg

3 minutes ago, GameBully2k said:

I don't know the exact solution but if it is something very annoying you can just switch the display positioning and it will make it like you are in the edge of the monitor when you really are in the middle. just drag one of the screens in display settings and switch their order. but you still have to look for a solution haha this is just a work arround like you will need to work you mouse arround too when you need to go from one display to the other hahahaha

download.jpg

Won't they split from the opposite side then?

37 minutes ago, WannaMurderMicrosoft said:

Is there a way for a window to be displayed only in one monitor even when i drag it close to the other?

When I Google it it says to disable snap?! I don't get it probably they mean something else. If nothing else snap should prevent the splitting but it doesn't.

How about this ?
https://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-snap-windows-side-side-dual-multi-monitor-setup/

(Remember to turn on "Snap Windows" before you try.  Open Start Menu > Type: Snap)

Kinda a "faux" solution to what I think you actually want.
But should make it easier to put a window on the edge of either monitor.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

26 minutes ago, sk8rs_dad said:

Microsoft PowerToys has a feature called FancyZones that is useful for managing window size and placement. 

Right, I forgot that thing exist. xD

@WannaMurderMicrosoft
If you are fine with running a background software all the time, you can use PowerToys's FancyZones instead, like @sk8rs_dad said.

If you prefer not running additional software, use the Windows inbuilt one.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.