Gpu issue

Ramon L
Go to solution Solved by Ramon L,
On 3/27/2023 at 7:12 PM, ShadowDog said:

That is looking completely fine! Perfect if anything! The reason why the gpu states below average, is just like i said, because people on userbenchmark oc.

This makes it really seem like its a software issuem where sadly my knowledge stops, because i am horrible at software, and good at hardware. 

I hope someone else can chime in on this.

Good luck and sorry i can't help any further, other then suggesting reinstalling windows which is probably a horrible suggestion.

Bios was out of date seemed to be the issue but thx

I have a MSI 3060 ti ventus 2x 8g ocv1 lhr. It worked really well but lately it's been having issues and games aren't running anymore. The last game I got to work was valorant. But apex legend and cyberpunk  crash after 1-2mins of playing. I tried deleting and reinstalling the drivers on gpu but it only made it worse and I am afraid of using it again since last time it crashed it went into bios no blue screen of death or just closing the application. I also tried deleting cyberpunk from hhd to ssd and verifying the files but no change. Any suggestions to fix or ideas that might tell me what's wrong 

1 minute ago, Ramon L said:

I have a MSI 3060 ti ventus 2x 8g ocv1 lhr. It worked really well but lately it's been having issues and games aren't running anymore. The last game I got to work was valorant. But apex legend and cyberpunk  crash after 1-2mins of playing. I tried deleting and reinstalling the drivers on gpu but it only made it worse and I am afraid of using it again since last time it crashed it went into bios no blue screen of death or just closing the application. I also tried deleting cyberpunk from hhd to ssd and verifying the files but no change. Any suggestions to fix or ideas that might tell me what's wrong 

it most likely wouldn't have anything to do with the gpu, what are the other specs of your computer

1 hour ago, Dream Driver 47 said:

it most likely wouldn't have anything to do with the gpu, what are the other specs of your computer

Operating system is window 11

Cpu is intel i7-11700F

Ram unsure of origins but is 16gb

Virtual ram is 29gb

Motherboard is a gigabyte b560 ds3h ac-y1 (u3e1)

Hhd and ssd are western digital and hhd is 1tb and ssd is 500gb

id say the motherboard might be the issue, or possibly the ram, don't know if they are actual problems here but they are the things i had to replace when i had similar problems

1 hour ago, Ramon L said:

since last time it crashed it went into bios no blue screen of death or just closing the application.

For me to be able, to try to help you, i need to know what the heck you ment by this sentence xD

You said "no bsod", but it went into the bios?

A pc doesn't go into a bios, unless you press the keybind for your mobo, on boot, to access the bios.

EDIT: never mind it can, and it usually happens, when no boot devices are found.

Question: Do you have your windows on your SSD, or your HDD installed?

4 minutes ago, ShadowDog said:

For me to be able, to try to help you, i need to know what the heck you ment by this sentence xD

A pc doesn't go into a bios, unless you press the keybind for your mobo, on boot, to access the bios.

now that i think about it, that could be because of the boot drive, if it crashes and restarts, if it can't find a boot drive it would go to the bios

Just now, Dream Driver 47 said:

now that i think about it, that could be because of the boot drive, if it crashes and restarts, if it can't find a boot drive it would go to the bios

Exactly, and IF OP has their OS, installed on the HDD, it might very well just be borked, depending on how long the HDD has been used for, which can be read through software, that have a S.M.A.R.T. function.

Likewise, the SSD might be borked aswell.

@Ramon LI would like to ask you to download CrystalDiskInfo here: https://osdn.net/projects/crystaldiskinfo/downloads/78192/CrystalDiskInfo8_17_14.exe/ (Might have to change program language after opening at the top buttons most to the right).

And please send us a screenshot of both drives in your pc, or send us just the "power on hours" stat 🙂

20 minutes ago, ShadowDog said:

EDIT: never mind it can, and it usually happens, when no boot devices are found.

Question: Do you have your windows on your SSD, or your HDD installed?

How can I check?

8 minutes ago, ShadowDog said:

@Ramon LI would like to ask you to download CrystalDiskInfo here: https://osdn.net/projects/crystaldiskinfo/downloads/78192/CrystalDiskInfo8_17_14.exe/ (Might have to change program language after opening at the top buttons most to the right).

And please send us a screenshot of both drives in your pc, or send us just the "power on hours" stat 🙂

Um idk that software looks a little sketchy is there others?

7 minutes ago, Ramon L said:

Um idk that software looks a little sketchy is there others?

It is open source, its probably the least sketchy software you will find for this type of thing.

If you want to use ot her software, feel free to google yourself.

What i send you is the download link, and i am suspecting that is why you find it sketchy, this is the original source: https://crystalmark.info/en/software/crystaldiskmark/

EDIT:

My apology i send you crystaldiskmark, not crystaldiskinfo (silly me) correct link here:

https://crystalmark.info/en/software/crystaldiskinfo/

P.S. 

This is from the same creators, of crystaldiskmark, which linus often uses in his videos.

20 minutes ago, Ramon L said:

How can I check?

Your windows drive, is usually drive C: (shown in This PC as in screenshot). You can determine the drive by disk space in your case, because your HDD is 1TB and your SSD is 500GB.

image.thumb.png.56d29b738fd81e020bc902a3e8e1c893.png

Just now, Ramon L said:

image.png.5a2911376bd5a685c99f07ee9a43c518.png

Allright that is a good thing, having your windows on an ssd, but yet i need to see the Hours powered on stats from both drives, from a tool like the one i send you.

1 hour ago, ShadowDog said:

It is open source, its probably the least sketchy software you will find for this type of thing.

If you want to use ot her software, feel free to google yourself.

What i send you is the download link, and i am suspecting that is why you find it sketchy, this is the original source: https://crystalmark.info/en/software/crystaldiskmark/

EDIT:

My apology i send you crystaldiskmark, not crystaldiskinfo (silly me) correct link here:

https://crystalmark.info/en/software/crystaldiskinfo/

P.S. 

This is from the same creators, of crystaldiskmark, which linus often uses in his videos.

also thats the downloads are for windows vista and xp I have windows 11

Just now, Ramon L said:

also thats the downloads are for windows vista and xp I have windows 11

I know, just download the vista one it will work, i use windows 11 myself aswell.

1 minute ago, ShadowDog said:

I know, just download the vista one it will work, i use windows 11 myself aswell.

okay got it

1 minute ago, Ramon L said:

okay got it

what do i take a screen shot of?

Just now, Ramon L said:

what do i take a screen shot of?

image.png.3eb7bcc2f3a9f04489cf2cb9ece09ddf.png:) for both drives please. you can select the drives on the top left.

Just now, Ramon L said:

image.png.2517f5afe0571d6d13a2db57c8f65956.pngHHD

image.png.69e579a78da37943bc1e063311fd0bd0.pngSSD

O wow! Those drives must be very new huh?

Now its starting to get tricky, cuz it seems your drives are not the problem.

I would like to ask you to run a userbenchmark and send me the results.

Userbenchmark is not a great software to compare to others for various reasons, including users overclocking, but it would be an easy way to see if a component is borked very badly. Especially, if the pc shuts down or crashes when doing the benchmark.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/ After doing the run, a page will open, and i would like you to share the link if you don't mind, assuming your pc won't crash while doing the benchmark.

Also.. please while doing the benchmarks, keep an eye on whats happening, because there are multiple benchmarks, in the run.

Try to remember IF your pc crashes while doing the run, where it was at (what you were seeing), this could be cpu tests, ram tests, disk tests aswell as graphics tests.

2 minutes ago, Ramon L said:

That is looking completely fine! Perfect if anything! The reason why the gpu states below average, is just like i said, because people on userbenchmark oc.

This makes it really seem like its a software issuem where sadly my knowledge stops, because i am horrible at software, and good at hardware. 

I hope someone else can chime in on this.

Good luck and sorry i can't help any further, other then suggesting reinstalling windows which is probably a horrible suggestion.

its good you tried your best just going to problem solve till it works