Random Black Screen

junya13

I am experiencing random black screens, it doesnt matter if I am gaming or if I am just doing normal productive things.

Screens go dark, and enter standby mode while the music or whatever continues to play in the background. 

I have had gaming sessions that where 2-8 hours long with no black screen, but I have experienced other times when I cant get the PC to stay on longer that 10 mins. 

After forcing a shutdown, holding down the power button or flipping the PSU switch, the PC boots back up no problem

If I am gaming the audio will continue but I cant not perform anything, if I attempt to shot a gun i will not get any sound effects...

I have attached a copy of the event log, just incase someone could look at it and see a smoking gun.

Computer has the following specs.  

Originally I was running a Z690 board, but I switched to a Z790 because I thought the GPU sag of AMD 5700 raw ii(Originally in the build) damaged the PCi-e slot

I ran the DDU to remove the AMD drivers, since I switched over to Nvidia 

Currently running:

z790 Asus ROG strix 

Intel 13600k

Gigabyte 4080 AERO

G.Skill Trident 4 x 16GB 3600 DDR4

Windows 10

Crucial 1 TB NVMe SSD x2 

I am desperate for any kind of help, Ive been on reddit, and random window forums. 

I guess the next stop will possibility be MicroCenter but its 2 hrs away from my house. 

Thanks in Advance 

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/lOnvMd1"  ><a href="//imgur.com/a/lOnvMd1">Polk PC Build</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6 minutes ago, junya13 said:

I am experiencing random black screens, it doesnt matter if I am gaming or if I am just doing normal productive things.

Screens go dark, and enter standby mode while the music or whatever continues to play in the background. 

I have had gaming sessions that where 2-8 hours long with no black screen, but I have experienced other times when I cant get the PC to stay on longer that 10 mins. 

After forcing a shutdown, holding down the power button or flipping the PSU switch, the PC boots back up no problem

If I am gaming the audio will continue but I cant not perform anything, if I attempt to shot a gun i will not get any sound effects...

I have attached a copy of the event log, just incase someone could look at it and see a smoking gun.

Computer has the following specs.  

Originally I was running a Z690 board, but I switched to a Z790 because I thought the GPU sag of AMD 5700 raw ii(Originally in the build) damaged the PCi-e slot

I ran the DDU to remove the AMD drivers, since I switched over to Nvidia 

Currently running:

z790 Asus ROG strix 

Intel 13600k

Gigabyte 4080 AERO

G.Skill Trident 4 x 16GB 3600 DDR4

Windows 10

Crucial 1 TB NVMe SSD x2 

I am desperate for any kind of help, Ive been on reddit, and random window forums. 

I guess the next stop will possibility be MicroCenter but its 2 hrs away from my house. 

Thanks in Advance 

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/lOnvMd1"  ><a href="//imgur.com/a/lOnvMd1">Polk PC Build</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

have you tried to update your bios, or maybe if you have a free drive then do a clean windows install and see if that fixes it

On 3/27/2023 at 5:29 PM, Dream Driver 47 said:

have you tried to update your bios, or maybe if you have a free drive then do a clean windows install and see if that fixes it

Did that,  and still doing the same thing