Which CPU is more suitable for me?

Go to solution Solved by SorryBella,
27 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Ryzen 5 5500

You can make it match and problably beat the 12100 by simply running an allcore 4.6-4.8ghz (1.3-1.35v vcore) oc. Properly tuned rams will remedy the small cache (id reccomend klevv 3200c16 or 3600c18 and tune to 4600-5000 though youll need a ram fan)

Honestly im inclined to agreed not on tweakability ground but on the grounds that games nowadays needs 12 threads. 12100 would work for older titles or lower expectation on performance, but why compromise when you can just get same performance. If the small cache is such an issue OP could try to find used 5600X or 12600K instead.

After lots of research, I still can't decide what CPU is better for me. I'm stuck between the Ryzen 5 5500 and the Intel i3 12100f. I want to play video games on maximum graphics (note I don't play FPS games, so framerate is still ideal even around 40 or 50) as well as do video editing, Photoshop, and Blender.

I would prefer AMD, because I can't find much motherboards that have Wi-Fi. So if the i3 is better, it would also be wonderful if you could provide the name of a good budget motherboard (with Wi-Fi) that supports the CPU.

I still have plenty of time before I make my choice, so this isn't time sensitive.

Thanks so much for helping!

Ryzen 5 5500

You can make it match and problably beat the 12100 by simply running an allcore 4.6-4.8ghz (1.3-1.35v vcore) oc. Properly tuned rams will remedy the small cache (id reccomend klevv 3200c16 or 3600c18 and tune to 4600-5000 though youll need a ram fan)

27 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Ryzen 5 5500

Honestly im inclined to agreed not on tweakability ground but on the grounds that games nowadays needs 12 threads. 12100 would work for older titles or lower expectation on performance, but why compromise when you can just get same performance. If the small cache is such an issue OP could try to find used 5600X or 12600K instead.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.