Mic not working in Valorant and R6 Siege

Go to solution Solved by asalad22,

Had someone help me out, we turned off my firewall and I also had a March windows update that we updated and one of those two seemed to do the trick. Turned firewall back on and mic was still working, so assumption is that my windows not being updated ruined my gaming lol. thank you for the responses and help!

Hello everyone, I am having an issue with voice chat in Valorant and in Rainbow Six Siege. My in game communications are deafened and mic is muted. I made sure my mic is set to default on sound settings and the loopback test in the actual game works. 
    I have tried the following for trouble shooting: 
1. Making sure all appolications that require mic access are allowed through windows firewall
2. I have reinstalled the applications
3. Tried connecting to different regional servers in game.

I am honestly at a loss where to go from here. Please help :( 

Hello welcome to the forums!

Another step to take here would be to disable all recording/input devices in sound settings beside your main microphone, sometimes games will auto select another device regardless of what you have set to default. If you disable all other devices and restart the computer the games should only be able to use that one specific device.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

It looks like all other input devices are disabled and the loopback voice test did work in game. So im not sure what else I gotta do, thank you for the response 🙂

Do you have PTT “push to talk” enabled? Should be in your game settings.

If you disable it you’ll have a “hot mic” so so your mic will be on all the time 

49 minutes ago, Harmsway1283 said:

Do you have PTT “push to talk” enabled? Should be in your game settings.

If you disable it you’ll have a “hot mic” so so your mic will be on all the time 

I've attempted with both hot mic and push to talk

Had someone help me out, we turned off my firewall and I also had a March windows update that we updated and one of those two seemed to do the trick. Turned firewall back on and mic was still working, so assumption is that my windows not being updated ruined my gaming lol. thank you for the responses and help!