Do I have an ASUS PRIME H310M-C or an ASUS PRIME H310M-C/CSM motherboard?

Hi there! I got this motherboard that's labeled on PCB as ASUS PRIME H310M-C, but I noticed there's 2 motherboards that are labeled as ASUS PRIME H310M-C, namely:

1. ASUS PRIME H310M-C

2. ASUS PRIME H310M-C/CSM

This can be noticed by accessing the two links above and by having a look at the pictures of the motherboard. The problem is the 2 motherboards seem to have different drivers. At the moment I have installed the drivers for ASUS PRIME H310M-C on W10 64, but I have some crashing problems with my OS.

Both CPU-Z and HWiNFO64 report the motherboard as being ASUS PRIME H310M-C, but what if ASUS PRIME H310M-C/CSM shows up as ASUS PRIME H310M-C?

Can you please help me identify which of the two motherboards I have? And can you also show me how have you done it?

Thank you!

CSM generally means that there is a Compatibility support module on the motherboard which is supposed to offer BIOS support aside UEFI. Try and look in the BIOS and see if you have any option labelled CSM, in which case your motherboard might be the CSM version. Also the drivers for the motherboard have different sizes because they are different versions.

After a bit of asking around, I found out that in this context CSM stands out for "ASUS Corporate Stable Model (CSM)". This can also be spotted on this page by selecting Motherboards for Product Type and CSM - Corporate Stable Model for Product Series. 

Thanks again! 🙂