Linus Tech Tips, Tech Quickie, Tech Linked channels hacked

betav17
Message added by Spotty,

The Linus Tech Tips, TechLinked, and TechQuickie Youtube channels have been restored.

A video explaining what happened is now up:

Just now, Connorocker Gaming said:

link?

It's on the forum, the channel has been locked

Just now, Preske said:

Why does it look like the account of Tesla is linked to techquicky/techlinked?

ltthacked.JPG

Is this the actual legit Tesla account?

Just now, VirusDumb said:

Of course not.

Just now, VirusDumb said:

@tesla-ltt, so no

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

6 minutes ago, littledarkpoet said:

image.thumb.png.e2f56717aff86599545a40cc6cb113e7.png

Really hope this gets reversed.  I am guessing he has all the videos backed up off site but this might take a while to correct completely - seems to have destroyed his subscriber count.  YouTube need to see this does not happen to anyone else and get this sorted out as soon as possible. Making reparations ???

He said the other day he does, I believe it was on last weeks WAN show he said they have 2 "onsite" copies, another copy and a 4th copy backed up BackBlaze as another offsite. so 4 copies of data. It'll probably take a while to restore unless YouTube can do a point in time restore which should in theory be a lot quicker than having to reupload everything 🤞

1 minute ago, VirusDumb said:

no, it is the techlinked channel, but video's from tesla show up. How does that even work.

11 minutes ago, BondiBlue said:

If it's anything like me you've been signed out of the Floatplane app. 

Was just the shear amount of traffic that timed out the server lol

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

this si the real tesla account for those confused, it's already verified by youtube  image.png.3b8d570bdbac1d556ba880f366306b17.png

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

Just now, Continuum said:

Of course not.

Just now, GorujoCY said:

@tesla-ltt, so no

How they already uploaded the Tesla videos and got views

JUST POSTED ON FLOATPLANE

https://www.floatplane.com/post/RyabWX4qGC

Thanks for your concern everyone

Regarding the YouTube channel hack, we are on top of it with Google's team now. Everything should be locked down and we are getting to the bottom of the attack vector with the (hopeful) goal of hardening their security around YouTube accounts and preventing this sort of thing from happening to anyone in the future.

You can expect a more detailed update on WAN Show at some point in the future. Not sure if it'll happen this week since this is still a developing situation.

The good news is that you can expect to get your LTT fix on Floatplane as usual 😛

Linus

Edited by LogicalDrm

38 minutes ago, ApexMeteor said:

I'm going to assume there is an automated script that did this but one of the scam videos is being advertised here:

Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 12-15-24 The LTT YouTube channel got hacked to push a crypto scam.png

@Spottycan you do something about this?

This is crazy. Saw it around an hour ago. Its not normal wonder what when on here at LTT

3 minutes ago, Preske said:

ltthacked.JPG

its just channel playlists of tesla's videos

Just now, hui said:

it's been already addressed, please do not mention moderators

My PC

1 minute ago, Asbo Zapruder said:

Some people are saying the channel is now locked, but I'm in the UK and as of now it's still online as Tesla and still streaming the scam video.

LTT is down, techquicky and shortcircuit are not. which I do not understand.

techlink channel still streaming

1 minute ago, Asbo Zapruder said:

Some people are saying the channel is now locked, but I'm in the UK and as of now it's still online as Tesla and still streaming the scam video.

Just now, Arcanekitten said:

Was just the shear amount of traffic that timed out the server lol

That's better. My Floatplane account is tied to my old LTT forum account for reasons, so if I want to sign in on the app I have to change my default browser on my phone to a second browser, sign in through LTT with my old account, and then change it back. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

is everyone here from internet explorer? what are these recent replies

4 minutes ago, Preske said:

ltthacked.JPG

You can pin playlists in your Home screen so they pinned those. 

Just now, GorujoCY said:

it's been already addressed, please do not mention moderators

Sorry, I hadnt refreshed the page. Mb.

Just now, hui said:

Yeah, we've been working on it. Should be gone now just refresh the page.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450