Shape sorter toy - safety concern

Bio Hazard

If I’m not mistaken, the toy is made out of plywood. Unfortunately I have found that plywood easily splinters, and this could easily hurt a small child. It could cause extreme pain if a piece of the wood ended up underneath the nail.

Are you familiar with these toys? The good ones are always quality plywood, properly sanded it's perfectly safe. I don't know what plywood you have experience with if it's splintering constantly, just lower grade stuff for bulk construction or something?

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Unfortunately I am not referring to bulk construction plywood, I have seen quite a few of products like these splinter at the corners, especially if accidentally dropped or hit at the edges/corners. I hope I am proven wrong.

In one of the product images you can even see some splintering, right where the notch for the top is cut, keeping this in mind I could imagine it might splinter under a fingernail of a small child.

2 hours ago, Bio Hazard said:

In one of the product images you can even see some splintering, right where the notch for the top is cut, keeping this in mind I could imagine it might splinter under a fingernail of a small child.

I'd recommend linking to or posting the image you are referring to or even annotating it to better indicate what you are drawing attention to. 

If it's a defect with the product they took photos with even, surely someone would've caught it. Is this possibly a trick of light or something as far as the concern in the photo goes? Not discounting your overall concern!

I am referring to this photo, if you look closely you can see splinters where it was cut.DA18EA62-6996-41D0-8375-104A0AD2B0FE.webp.14cb044bf12cbecad09eec600fc51b57.webp

13 minutes ago, Bio Hazard said:

I am referring to this photo, if you look closely you can see splinters where it was cut.

Just so you know Linus talked about it in a video showcasing creator warehouse stuff I think 8 months ago now and he talked about that while it was basically finished then there would be a decent wait time for health and safety stuff since it's a product aimed at kids and there's laws in Canada about it so it was probably confirmed to be safe.