SSD really slow write speed (30mbps), used to be better(260mbps)

testeras

Hello i am having problem with ssd slow write speed. A month+ ago i had same problem and got into microsoft forum to solve it, i did solve it then by placing ssd as first boot device in Primary, Secondary, and Error boot sequence in bios.

But problem appeared again, here is image how write speed shoud be on but now is 30mbps.

I searched on google and tried some things like enable TRIM, ACHI, write caching....

SSD is Lexar NQ100 240GB 

Im also using SATA 2 cable instead of 3, my mobo doesnt support Sata 3 anyways

e89bb610-4301-463d-8df1-557cd8da2edd.png

7 minutes ago, testeras said:

Hello i am having problem with ssd slow write speed. A month+ ago i had same problem and got into microsoft forum to solve it, i did solve it then by placing ssd as first boot device in Primary, Secondary, and Error boot sequence in bios.

But problem appeared again, here is image how write speed shoud be on but now is 30mbps.

I searched on google and tried some things like enable TRIM, ACHI, write caching....

SSD is Lexar NQ100 240GB 

Im also using SATA 2 cable instead of 3, my mobo doesnt support Sata 3 anyways

e89bb610-4301-463d-8df1-557cd8da2edd.png

Hmmm, get a new better drive maybe ? 😉 

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

bootm sequence shouldnt affect the drive speed if it did it would not be significant I think it may be because of an outdated firmware update or it may be the health of drive, to check you can run cmd as admin and type the command "WMIC" then type "diskdrive get status" and it should tell you if your drive is working fine or not.

7 minutes ago, goatedpenguin said:

bootm sequence shouldnt affect the drive speed if it did it would not be significant I think it may be because of an outdated firmware update or it may be the health of drive, to check you can run cmd as admin and type the command "WMIC" then type "diskdrive get status" and it should tell you if your drive is working fine or not.

Google says that boot sequence can infect performance of ssd, if u put like hdd above ssd as boot sequence it will slow down ssd(because Windows is installed on this ssd). also tried cmd u said status is "OK".

I dont see firmware update for my SSD there is only for NM610PRO.

Screenshot (13).png

whatever I said was incorrect and I am very sorry. The speeds you are looking at in crystal disk mark is the "capability" of the ssd that can read and write but if you run Crystal disk mark again and look at scores on the bottom 2 rows that will be the speeds your ssd runs at from day to day use, this video from linus should explain why(watch from 4:37 - 5:43): https://youtu.be/jnMMtbVP0ps?t=277

On 3/18/2023 at 9:03 PM, goatedpenguin said:

whatever I said was incorrect and I am very sorry. The speeds you are looking at in crystal disk mark is the "capability" of the ssd that can read and write but if you run Crystal disk mark again and look at scores on the bottom 2 rows that will be the speeds your ssd runs at from day to day use, this video from linus should explain why(watch from 4:37 - 5:43): https://youtu.be/jnMMtbVP0ps?t=277

So bottom 2 rows you say,

Write speed of these two is 34, 35

6 hours ago, testeras said:

So bottom 2 rows you say,

Write speed of these two is 34, 35

your read levels are perfectly normal(34) but your write levels is very low, how much space is left on your disk?

17 hours ago, goatedpenguin said:

your read levels are perfectly normal(34) but your write levels is very low, how much space is left on your disk?

Read is 270 write 35 / i said 34 and 35 are 2 last rows of test for write speed not read and write

60% free space