RYZEN 3700X memory overclock

ThePotatoMan1248
Go to solution Solved by SorryBella,
7 hours ago, ThePotatoMan1248 said:

I also tried in windows 10 and the field where it said die type was blank

Please quote to get a response from someone!

Then id say forget it, its not worth the time and effort to tweak the timings on your own. Team has a lot of vendors for their RAM chips, im not surprised theyd wipe it out of Typhoon. 3200C16 is pretty much the sweet spot on it anyway, id try 3200 C15/14 at 1.4V.

So I have a Ryzen 3700x and an ASRock b550 pro m and I want to memory tune. I have overclocked other things before and it's fun but I have really bad luck of just stuff never working.

So I have t force vulken z ddr4 3200 cl 16

https://www.newegg.com/team-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820331354?Item=N82E16820331354&Source=socialshare&cm_mmc=snc-social-_-sr-_-20-331-354-_-03172023

I watched hardware unboxed video on how to memory tune Ryzen 3000 and it flat out didn't work had to reset CMOS

So I tried myself just putting up the speed to like 3244 so barley and it would not post. Anything except the xmp profile will not work. Am I just unlucky or am I doing something wrong?

Although I hate to say it, probably easiest way to get started is Ryzen Dram Calculator. It dips your toes into RAM overclocking, for example you can see what changes when you increase the frequency, or how your DRAM chips react to voltages (voltage scaling).

There is one guide I can recommend, which is this one.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I tried a bit but I don't know what die my ram is because I have windows 11 and I can't use typhoon.

7 hours ago, ThePotatoMan1248 said:

I also tried in windows 10 and the field where it said die type was blank

Please quote to get a response from someone!

Then id say forget it, its not worth the time and effort to tweak the timings on your own. Team has a lot of vendors for their RAM chips, im not surprised theyd wipe it out of Typhoon. 3200C16 is pretty much the sweet spot on it anyway, id try 3200 C15/14 at 1.4V.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

3200 is fine, not worth the effort because to get higher speeds you'd probably need to loosen timings a lot, and at that point why bother,  ideally you'd want shorter timings which is a pipedream with budget ram

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity