want new keyboard

Looking for a new keyboard under $150 

Any recommendations? 

preferably: LED backlit

Mechanical

Cherry mx-reds

had my eye on corsair K70 for a while, what do u guys think?

The cheapest Mechanical keyboard I have found (atleast here on amazon.ca :( ) is the perixx px-5000, but that's if you want the cheapest. From what i have heard the Corsair K70 is a solid choice for the price.

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.

The K70 is good if you want normal (full) layout. If you want something more compact, then I would recommend CM Storm Quickfire TK or Rapid-i.

Would personally recommend the K95 as it is a upgrade over the K70 as in one of the best keyboards on the market IMO :)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Would personally recommend the K95 as it is a upgrade over the K70 as in one of the best keyboards on the market IMO :)

It is not an "upgrade". Its the same but with extra macro keys, really.

Go with the K70. Really good for the price.

does it bother anyone else tht the included red 123456 keycaps dont have the !@#$%^ symbols ?

It is not an "upgrade". Its the same but with extra macro keys, really.

If you could get a K95 with blue switches I would have bought one in a heartbeat.

I ended up with a K70 and love it. You will not be disappointed with one. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

does it bother anyone else tht the included red 123456 keycaps dont have the !@#$%^ symbols ?

I never noticed that. Hmm. 

But then again I never use them. I used the red caps for about an hour and swapped back. I found the red caps to be too much of a PITA to type with.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I have the K70 with mx blues. love it. feels awesome. all my membrane friends are jelly like a pud pud. my mechanical friends are too jelly like a pudpud 'cause my board looks far better and the aluminium backplate feels like heaven. sometimes I sit here and rest my fingers on the aluminium and I feel awesome. sadly I can't tell you if it's better than other mechanical boards because it's my first mechanical keyboard. ah, and some people had problems with the led's. I don't use the backlight so I don't care about that. looks nice, but I don't look at the board while tiping, so why would I light those little guys up?

it's time for some jolly cooperation!

Corsair K95/K70 or Ducky Shine 3 are all excellent choices. You will enjoy whichever you choose so I wouldn't ponder too much about which to get. Just get whichever you like the look of and your guaranteed a great time ;)