Geforce smoother?

blutch

Both Nvidia and AMD fanboys will fail to deliver evidence for their ridiculous claims. It's how things works.

well I'm not going to do a study for you now, but if you surf around the Graphics Cards section here for a little while, you'll see what I mean.

That's ONE person describing ONE problem and pretty much admitting that he didn't troubleshoot at all. That doesn't make nividia cards in general smoother than AMD. I have an R9 290 and it runs smooth as butter, had a GTX 770 at one point and it died before I even got to install the drivers. That was me, one person, having an issue. Doesn't make AMD more reliable than Nvidia or better in any way.

I've had several R9 280Xs, my brother has a 270X, I currently have a R9 290, none of which have microstutter issues. 

great to hear :)

Ill most likely get the 280x, just want to try something different from always having nvidia

Me & my friend ran benchmarks almost with similar systems, me with my 770 & him with his 280x & these cards are very neck to neck. In some games 770 won & in some r9 280x but with minimum difference. Go with whichever you want, they're both great cards.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

AMD    = Better color,mainly focuses on image quality, good enough steam processors, lower frame rates

NVIDIA = Better tesselation, focuses on faster render vs  post color/quality effects efficient cuda cores, increased framerate

there's your answer. B)

a ninja always stay's in the shadows :ph34r:

"steam processors"? focus on image quality? lower/higher frame rates? what the hell are you talking about... :blink:

Me & my friend ran benchmarks almost with similar systems, me with my 770 & him with his 280x & these cards are very neck to neck. In some games 770 won & in some r9 280x. Go with whichever you want, they're both great cards.

thank. you. finally someone who gets it.

"steam processors"? focus on image quality? lower/higher frame rates? what the hell are you talking about... :blink:

see my problem now >.>

Me & my friend ran benchmarks almost with similar systems, me with my 770 & him with his 280x & these cards are very neck to neck. In some games 770 won & in some r9 280x but with minimum difference. Go with whichever you want, they're both great cards.

awesome, thank you

well I'm not going to do a study for you now, but if you surf around the Graphics Cards section here for a little while, you'll see what I mean.

Don't have to. I've seen plenty of fanboy 'arguments' since 9800XT and FX5900. :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

i wouldnt even lose my time trying to convince someone about my tastes... they are personal...

another thing: Personally, focusing on THIS GENERATION, ALL i can say is that BOTH run perfectly fine..

IN MY OPINION, Comparing rX 2xx vs gtx 7xx i would take any 7xx today JUST BECAUSE they run cooler and are less noisy...

hell, i have played with my friends r9 290/r9 280 and i can tell you they run smooth as fuck.. i had some ati radeons aswell a couple generations ago and they were all freaking awesome..

You should grab whichever card you like the most, both 770/280 runs side by side...

People cmon, please, try to be a little bit more objective and less retarded, lol.

Project "Gene5is" | Asus Maximus VI Formula | i7 4790k | 2 x GTX 780 Ti Classified in SLI | 16Gb. Corsair Dominator Platinum @1866Mhz. | 512GB. Samsung 850 PRO | 2 x 2Tb. WD Caviar Black | Corsair AX1200 | Asus Xonar Essence STX | KRK Rokit 6 Gen 3 + KRK K10S Sub | Logitech G 710+ |

Logitech G500s | Caselabs Magnum SMA8 | Corsair 200MM Extended 

"Roamer" MSI GT 72 | Intel Core i7-4720HQ | GTX 980M 8Gb. | 128Gb. M2 SSD | 16Gb. 1600Mhz. | 1Tb. HDD

AMD    = Better color,mainly focuses on image quality, good enough steam processors, lower frame rates

NVIDIA = Better tesselation, focuses on faster render vs  post color/quality effects efficient cuda cores, increased framerate

there's your answer. B)

a ninja always stay's in the shadows :ph34r:

What!?

i wouldnt even lose my time trying to convince someone about my tastes... they are personal...

another thing: Personally, focusing on THIS GENERATION, ALL i can say is that BOTH run perfectly fine..

IN MY OPINION, Comparing rX 2xx vs gtx 7xx i would take any 7xx today JUST BECAUSE they run cooler and are less noisy...

hell, i have played with my friends r9 290/r9 280 and i can tell you they run smooth as fuck.. i had some ati radeons aswell a couple generations ago and they were all freaking awesome..

You should grab whichever card you like the most, both 770/280 runs side by side...

People cmon, please, try to be a little bit more objective and less retarded, lol.

Okay . let me tell you something about noise and temps....

It have northing related to Amd or Nvidia... dosent make sense.

refrence card vs refrence card does. not aftermarket coolers... and that smoothness you are talking about... dont expect it..

see my problem now >.>

and that, my friend, is where misinformation comes from.

Sh*t i meant to say parallel stream core processors (nvidia cuda core equivalent) not steam, ;)

about the other stuffs , they do focus on image quality first (for the tad bit color accuracy/richer color comparitively) this load does drop the frame rates down for amd gpu's comparitively, (read it somewhere)..

quote reply ninja :ph34r:

Details separate people.

Okay . let me tell you something about noise and temps....

It have northing related to Amd or Nvidia... dosent make sense.

refrence card vs refrence card does. not aftermarket coolers... and that smoothness you are talking about... dont expect it..

huh? lol

im not even talking about reference or aftermarket coolers.. im talking about the gpu core itself... amd runs hotter by design right now and you cant deny that... and in the end more heat = more noise...

Project "Gene5is" | Asus Maximus VI Formula | i7 4790k | 2 x GTX 780 Ti Classified in SLI | 16Gb. Corsair Dominator Platinum @1866Mhz. | 512GB. Samsung 850 PRO | 2 x 2Tb. WD Caviar Black | Corsair AX1200 | Asus Xonar Essence STX | KRK Rokit 6 Gen 3 + KRK K10S Sub | Logitech G 710+ |

Logitech G500s | Caselabs Magnum SMA8 | Corsair 200MM Extended 

"Roamer" MSI GT 72 | Intel Core i7-4720HQ | GTX 980M 8Gb. | 128Gb. M2 SSD | 16Gb. 1600Mhz. | 1Tb. HDD

awesome, thank you

Np. I can show you results if it help for decision :)

Tomb Raider

GTX 770

WqeYZQt.jpg

R9 280x

3r6ekwH.jpg

Hitman: Absolution

GTX 770

hOOHxQL.jpg

R9 280x

xHBoKpg.jpg

Metro: Last Light

GTX 770

BaGL4qB.png

R9 280x

eVF5eTG.png

Sniper Elite V2

GTX 770

ercvaCr.png

R9 280x

aZH9ML9.png

Thief

GTX 770

1JTrYN3.jpg

R9 280x

S5jxzU2.jpg

Resident Evil 6

GTX 770

LGevmdN.jpg

R9 280x

yhfX0CH.jpg

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Mantle will never be on every single game, so you cannot use Mantle as an argument unless you're only going to play games that use the API.

DirectX 12 will be doing something similar to Mantle supposedly, which will even the playing field  should developers use DX12 in the future. Even then, that's not an argument to use.

Neither brand offers 'better image quality'. The only way for you to get a better image is to get a better panel (like an IPS panel) or a higher resolution monitor - even both. I don't even know how that's an argument. The GPU's output data to the monitor for you to view, so the 'bottleneck' for image quality is your monitor.

Games will not look any different from either brand's video card. You're paying for brand, features and more importantly, performance. Period.

All this talk about which brand has better frame times is not worth the discussion either.

OP, to answer your question: Radeon and GeForce cards will give you the same images for games. Neither will look different. The only way you'll get smoother frames is if you get a higher end card for the game you're wanting to play if you're getting low FPS.

I'll ask this question: what games are you wanting to play at max settings? Both of those cards should run anything just fine, but you will get frame drops in more demanding games.

huh? lol

im not even talking about reference or aftermarket coolers.. im talking about the gpu core itself... amd runs hotter by design right now and you cant deny that... and in the end more heat = more noise...

MSI Radeon R9 280X Gaming Edition OC 51 c load

770 55 c load

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2013/10/09/msi-radeon-r9-280x-ge-oc-review/8

Mantle will never be on every single game, so you cannot use Mantle as an argument unless you're only going to play games that use the API.

DirectX 12 will be doing something similar to Mantle supposedly, which will even the playing field  should developers use DX12 in the future. Even then, that's not an argument to use.

Neither brand offers 'better image quality'. The only way for you to get a better image is to get a better panel (like an IPS panel) or a higher resolution monitor - even both. I don't even know how that's an argument. The GPU's output data to the monitor for you to view, so the 'bottleneck' for image quality is your monitor.

Games will not look any different from either brand's video card. You're paying for brand, features and more importantly, performance. Period.

All this talk about which brand has better frame times is not worth the discussion either.

OP, to answer your question: Radeon and GeForce cards will give you the same images for games. Neither will look different. The only way you'll get smoother frames is if you get a higher end card for the game you're wanting to play if you're getting low FPS.

I'll ask this question: what games are you wanting to play at max settings? Both of those cards should run anything just fine, but you will get frame drops in more demanding games.

battlefield 4

assasins creed

wow

stuff like that

huh? lol

flawed logic. noise isn't caused by heat, it is produced by fans, which are a part of the cooler. And AMDs cores do not run hotter by design, they run hotter by software. You can just open up catalyst and set the temperature target and fan curve to whatever you want. What I think you mean, and what you would be right about, is the total amount of heat output of the GPU. AMD chips use more power and thus output more heat. An AMD card therefore needs a better cooler to stay at the same temps the Nvidia equivalent reaches. That's not to say that the cards actually run hotter, as there are some very potent coolers on the AMD side, like sapphire's solution for example. 

battlefield 4

assasins creed

wow

stuff like that

At 1080p you'll be fine with either card.

I recommend you to look up the features GeForce and Radeon cards have so that you can make the decision.

The most important one GeForce offers right now, in my opinion is PhysX, which are really cool effects that are added in certain games which work exclusively on Nvidia GPU's (inb4 someone says you can do a workaround with Radeon cards to enable PhysX (no you cannot get PhsyX to work correctly on Radeon cards, if at all)).

At 1080p you'll be fine with either card.

I recommend you to look up the features GeForce and Radeon cards have so that you can make the decision.

The most important one GeForce offers right now, in my opinion is PhysX, which are really cool effects that are added in certain games which work exclusively on Nvidia GPU's (inb4 someone says you can do a workaround with Radeon cards to enable PhysX (no you cannot get PhsyX to work correctly on Radeon cards, if at all)).

thats pretty awesome actually, cant the cpu take that over?

thats pretty awesome actually, cant the cpu take that over?

If you're talking about PhysX, yes and no. It'll kill CPU performance if you're even able to enable it. They're not made to run PhsyX.

If you're talking about PhysX, yes and no. It'll kill CPU performance if you're even able to enable it. They're not made to run PhsyX.

but is there really as much difference? or do the other cards still have some type of physx added to them? cant imagine there wouldnt be anything like it.

Physx is Nvidia exclusive. Not all games support PhysX. If it's really important for you then you should get Nvidia, but if not you will be good with AMD too. CPU also can calculate PhysX, but it's very weak & slows down it's performance comparing to GPU.

Physx is Nvidia exclusive. Not all games support PhysX. If it's really important for you then you should get Nvidia, but if not you will be good with AMD too. CPU also can calculate PhysX, but it's very weak & slows down it's performance comparing to GPU.

this drastic? really it hangs flat to the wall and the other is moving?

unexpected. heard it does hog on fps though