What Minecraft settings should I use for a laptop with a weak GPU?

seym56

I have a framework laptop but I don't have the budget yet for an external GPU. The processer is the i7 11th gen and Minecraft is able to run on it with only the occasional lag. What settings do I need to set Minecraft to so that I don't have to pause every few minutes to let the CPU catch up? Most games you can set the performance based on your GPU but Minecraft doesn't seem to have that, or at least I haven't figured it out yet.

Most of the time I play on my Xbox but occasionally I have to play on my laptop.

mod optefind would be good to install or play bedrock. i think mindcraft is a cpu game?

lowering render distance and particals posalby locking the frame rate.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

If you're playing on Java Edition, go get the Sodium and Lithium mods: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/sodium

Turn off as many particle effects as you can stand(I typically have mine set to Minimal), turn off mob shadows, turn your render distance down as low as you can stand(I typically recommend 8-10).

In your launcher options, find the setting to allocate memory to Java. Depending on how much RAM you have, the amount you should allocate changes a little bit but I usually find 3-4GB is a pretty safe option.

Minecraft "refreshes" the allocated RAM all at one time, so you can hit some bigger lag spikes if you allocate more than ~8GB and it has to refresh all at once, so I don't typically go over 8. But I wouldn't recommend allocating 8GB if you only have 16GB total.

If you're playing on Bedrock Edition, I unfortunately can't really help you as I have no experience with it

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, thrasher_565 said:

mod optefind would be good to install or play bedrock. i think mindcraft is a cpu game?

lowering render distance and particals posalby locking the frame rate.

Minecraft is pretty CPU-heavy, but the Optifine mod hasn't done much of anything to help the game run better in the past 6-7 years. The Sodium suite of mods is far better.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

I reduced the visible chunk distance to 30 and that seems to have solved my issue. Thanks for the replies.

On intel igpus sodium tends to have less gains than optifine from my experiences