RTX Video Super Resolution Now Available on Chrome and Edge for RTX 30 and 40 series owners

Haaselh0ff

tried this on my 3070TI on a 1080p file of harry potter i had using MPC-HC with little work around to get it to output through "vsr" (forgive me if im using the wrong term) but once it did it did look better with a little artifacting every so often but nothing that would hinder the experience. I cant wait to see this more mature soon native 4k wont be as appealing than just upscaling using local hardware.

it will be even cooler if you can train data of the content of the video too, enchanting by local training. more so if we get good transition and between light chips for AI and everything else. or magical Quantum quantum for max quantum.

This needs to come to Firefox and offline apps as well.

Seriously.

• 6 months later...
3 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Video Super Resolution is worthless until it starts supporting Firefox.

I thought that it 'kinda did' if you enabled some sort of command line thing?

10 minutes ago, SADS said:

I thought that it 'kinda did' if you enabled some sort of command line thing?

Not that I'm aware of any such command.

A quick search shows this from July:

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-video-super-resolution-upscaling-technology-now-supported-in-mozilla-firefox/

Open your Mozilla Firefox browser and navigate to "Settings." Type "about:config" on the search bar.

Search the "gfx.webrender.super-resolution.nvidia" on the "Preferences" tab and set it to "True"

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

17 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Video Super Resolution is worthless until it starts supporting Firefox.

That is some bad argument. Why would they support for 2.77% of people (as of May 2023) ? They rather do good driver for Mac OSX users 9.06% users (as of September 2023).

6 hours ago, Franck said:

That is some bad argument. Why would they support for 2.77% of people (as of May 2023) ? They rather do good driver for Mac OSX users 9.06% users (as of September 2023).

Just as bad as riding the "muh market share" thing.

8 hours ago, porina said:

Interesting - Why does this work in other browsers just through config in the NVIDIA Control Panel, but Firefox requires enabling it through an obscure setting?

4 hours ago, NobleGamer said:

Interesting - Why does this work in other browsers just through config in the NVIDIA Control Panel, but Firefox requires enabling it through an obscure setting?

Because Firefox isn't based on Chromium.

Google Chrome, MS Edge, and Brave are all based on Chromium.