Tech Question Guys!

Bengvin

What uppgrade should i do, i want my pc to work good with fivem! 

My PC: 

I7 4770k 

ASUS B85MG MOTHERBOARD

1TB HDD USB 3.0 (Game storage)

128 GB SSD (WINDOWS)

GTX 980

I get like 60 average fps in the lowest settings! And some time like 40 fps. 

If i getting a fast M.2 SSD, should that help?

33 minutes ago, Bengvin said:

What uppgrade should i do, i want my pc to work good with fivem! 

My PC: 

I7 4770k 

ASUS B85MG MOTHERBOARD

1TB HDD USB 3.0 (Game storage)

128 GB SSD (WINDOWS)

GTX 980

I get like 60 average fps in the lowest settings! And some time like 40 fps. 

If i getting a fast M.2 SSD, should that help?

M.2 ssd does nothing with FPS, all it does is improve wait times, I would say upgrade CPU to a 9 gen intel one, GPU should be fine for now but that can be upgraded in the near future too.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

SSD wont help you to get better FPS. Faster loading times, sure, but no graphical enhancements.

I would upgrade to either a 9th gen i5 or an 8th gen i7

GPU, 2080 should be more than sufficient, although I dont see a lot of problems yet

I sometimes wonder how we went to space on only 4KB RAM, and we cannot fix a simple issue.

Can you raise the multiplier of your cpu to overclock it?

What game?

How many sticks of ram are you running and what ram capacity?

29 minutes ago, CheeseOnion said:

SSD wont help you to get better FPS. Faster loading times, sure, but no graphical enhancements.

I would upgrade to either a 9th gen i5 or an 8th gen i7

GPU, 2080 should be more than sufficient, although I dont see a lot of problems yet

I dont have Money for a 2080

48 minutes ago, Bengvin said:

Whats your budget? Because the cpu you have already is top for the LGA150 socket

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

What game?

Also very adequate questions

I sometimes wonder how we went to space on only 4KB RAM, and we cannot fix a simple issue.

Of assets are nor loading fast enough, then it might. But in general it won't upgrade your performance 

3 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

What game?

He said what game.

https://fivem.net/

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

You basically need to start again.

The CPU/Mobo/RAM is 10 years old and not upgradable in any way. Its also slow enough that swapping in a faster GPU is likely to be wasted.

The storage needs sorted out, but m.2 wont boot on a machine that old. You could buy a SATA SSD, but you'll probably want m.2 in a newer system.

GPU is old, but probably passable.

If it were me, trying to upgrade it on a budget, i'd find myself a cheap B450(or B550 if you find one cheap) motherboard, 16gb of DDR4 and a Ryzen 5600. You can probably get that lot for 200bucks if you shop around on ebay. More like 250 if you go all new. Add in a 512gb or 1TB m.2 SSD and you have a solid starting point. Then sell off your old CPU/Mobo/RAM to recoup maybe 100bucks. At that point you've got a solid base, and you can focus on a GPU upgrade next.

Probably something like a 5700xt/2060super/2070 would be a sensible step up giving about 50% more performance.

what the heck are u guys talking about? the i7 4770k is a very good cpu that still delivers very playable gaming performance, the bottleneck is very much the gpu. i thing upgrading to a rtx 2060 should fix the problems tho i would recommend upgrading the storage regardless of problems or not (but it wouldn't really effect in game performance)

6 hours ago, Bengvin said:

2080 would be bottlenecked quite a bit by 4770k anyway, 2060,2060super,5600xt,5700xt would be a decent match and can be had second hand quite cheap if you search around

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

6 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

What game?

I don’t know if I could overclock it and am playing fivem and getting only 50fps average on lowest settings. I have 2x8 gb ram DDR3

4 hours ago, shreshta said:

what the heck are u guys talking about? the i7 4770k is a very good cpu that still delivers very playable gaming performance, the bottleneck is very much the gpu. i thing upgrading to a rtx 2060 should fix the problems tho i would recommend upgrading the storage regardless of problems or not (but it wouldn't really effect in game performance)

compared to any modern GPU's alot anything above a 2070 super would be bottlenecked

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

5 hours ago, Bengvin said:

I don’t know if I could overclock it and am playing fivem and getting only 50fps average on lowest settings. I have 2x8 gb ram DDR3

Just try raising cpu multi in bios

If that doesnt work buy a ch341a and flash the bios to a z87m plus