Low GPU Clocks on F@H and BOINC (PrimeGrid)

I am hoping someone can help me, I've just got a new PC and it has a 4080, I have this weird issue with F@H and BOINC where GPU tasks will knock the GPU core clock up to 2535MHz but then right after the clock drops to 780MHz therefore making the WUs slow. It doesn't happen when benchmarking with Heaven or 3D Mark the clocks sit at 2535MHz, and the thermals also sit below 70C on 3D Mark. Has anyone got any ideas on how to fix this?

TIA

41 minutes ago, Legxcy said:

I am hoping someone can help me, I've just got a new PC and it has a 4080, I have this weird issue with F@H and BOINC where GPU tasks will knock the GPU core clock up to 2535MHz but then right after the clock drops to 780MHz therefore making the WUs slow. It doesn't happen when benchmarking with Heaven or 3D Mark the clocks sit at 2535MHz, and the thermals also sit below 70C on 3D Mark. Has anyone got any ideas on how to fix this?

TIA

Sounds like power virus mitigation. Benchmarks usually get whitelisted because they are known programs that are very not malicious, is it a FE or a AIB card?

7 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

Sounds like power virus mitigation. Benchmarks usually get whitelisted because they are known programs that are very not malicious, is it a FE or a AIB card?

It's an MSI Ventus 3x 4080. Thanks for your help, I've never really heard of that before

4 hours ago, Legxcy said:

It's an MSI Ventus 3x 4080. Thanks for your help, I've never really heard of that before

Some devices have power virus mitigations, usually APUs in notebooks, but it's possible that folding wasn't whitelisted. As for the remedy, not sure. It varies from device to device, for my experience it was a matter of doing some load reduction so it fell just below the threshold.