Scanner broken on Canon MF3010, can I still use the printer?

I have an Old Canon Image Class MF3010 all in one Laser printer and Scanner. I use it maybe once a quarter. Lately it's been showing error code E202. Which points to issue in scanner. I tried replacing the scanner (CCD) cable but it didn't worked out. I don't want to invest any more money on it but on the same time I was looking if there's anyway I can just use to print documents rather than tossing the whole unit out. I had once wiped out the scanner head and it worked for few days.

Since it shows error code for scanner it doesn't print either. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you 

6 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

You don't know until you try.  If it works great, you got your answer.  If it doesn't work, well, you still got your answer.

Yeah I don't know what you mean but thanks anyway. 🙂

39 minutes ago, Vidhyut said:

Since it shows error code for scanner it doesn't print either. Any help would be appreciated. 

14 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

You don't know until you try.  If it works great, you got your answer.  If it doesn't work, well, you still got your answer.

???? Reading comprehensions man.

39 minutes ago, Vidhyut said:

I use it maybe once a quarter. Lately it's been showing error code E202.

From what i found most people report that its not the cable its the scanner (CIS) unit itself. Check the pricing on spare parts of it first though, and compare it to cheap inkjet printers.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

I had a Canon MFP where the scanner died and could continue using it as a printer after I completely disconnected the scanner section. With a lot of luck it's similar there...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

2 hours ago, Vidhyut said:

previous experience with canon stuff tells me that it isnt gonna do any printing if the scanner is broken, similar to how they dont scan when they are out of ink.

2 hours ago, Vidhyut said:

Yeah I don't know what you mean but thanks anyway. 🙂

What I mean is, if you try to use the printer and it works then great, you got your answer.  It works.

But, if you go to use the printer and it does NOT work, well, you still got your answer.  It doesn't work.

59 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

What I mean is, if you try to use the printer and it works then great, you got your answer.  It works.

But, if you go to use the printer and it does NOT work, well, you still got your answer.  It doesn't work.

They already said it doesn't work, they wouldn't be here otherwise. The question is "is there a way to make it work", how does your answer help them with that?

If you're not going to read past the title no point replying.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2