which of this 92mm fans are the best for this case?

storm05

i wondering which of this fans are best for this case. this case has space for 2 92mm fans one at the front and one on the back, it allsow has space for one or one and a half(not enough holes for full utilization) on the top. looking for a good inntak and exoust right now and my options are

one Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 PWM 92mm (not just one for the entire build)
two Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM 92mm
two ID-Cooling NO-9215 Slim 92mm
two NZXT 92mm (dont know the modle)
two Acer Predator Frostblade ARGB fan 15x90x90(oem ones that come in the case, but i dont have them so il need to buy)

picture for refernce:                   as you can se the inntake is gonna have a tuf time.
Acer Predator Orion 3000 PO3-620 (RTX 3070) (2021) Review

Rather spend on a new case that has airflow and included fans 🙂

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Are you trying to make the CPU/GPU run cooler or quieter? If that is a prebuilt with proprietary parts it may not be worth investing too much into it.  Have you tried checking if there was a way to control fan speed/curve from bios or software? Maybe just take the side panel off if you are doing anything that raises the temperatures up too high.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

3 hours ago, PDifolco said:

Rather spend on a new case that has airflow and included fans 🙂

its sort of a diy, i personally have a dell case with very limitied airflow and i installed 2 more fans by drilling holes and everything and it works much better, the fans made the gpu run a lot cooler. The process is much more fun than buying a new case

4 hours ago, storm05 said:

i wondering which of this fans are best for this case. this case has space for 2 92mm fans one at the front and one on the back, it allsow has space for one or one and a half(not enough holes for full utilization) on the top. looking for a good inntak and exoust right now and my options are

I would go with the oem acer fans. They are designed for your pc specifically. I have a dell oem build and i noticed that using more oem fans worked better than using other fans. Your second option is the noctua fans but i would rather go with the acer fans. They will also look better.

Also how will you install the fans? will you drill holes for airflow?

40 minutes ago, alyen said:

Are you trying to make the CPU/GPU run cooler or quieter? If that is a prebuilt with proprietary parts it may not be worth investing too much into it.  Have you tried checking if there was a way to control fan speed/curve from bios or software? Maybe just take the side panel off if you are doing anything that raises the temperatures up too high.

i have just the case. the MB i have is a asrock b660m-itx/ac dant can sett fancurves on pwm fans. i am most woried about the gpu and want the best fan noise to performence.

Is this an acer predator orion case by any chance?

Then well it's a crap case and adding better fans wont do much. The only real upgrade is leaving the side panel off.

The new Deepcool 92mm fan is godly, they're incredible silent, not sold seperately yet unfortunately ;(

spacer.png

• 1 year later...

I have almost this exact case. I put a slim 92mm in the front spot- a cheap one from amazon ID cool or something, its the only one that fit without messing with the front panel. I put 2 120 mm Noctua NF-A12x15 fans in the top- the front one as an exhaust to utilize the holes in the case and the back one I just put facing downward blowing across the motherboard. I replaced the exhaust- frostblade something with a Noctua NF-A9. I also replaced the stock CPU cooler with a Noctua NH-D9L- blowing in line with the exhaust. These few things have all but solved the overheating issues, my cpu now idles around 29c and GPU at 34c (RTX 3050) 

Other upgrades I did were adding a 4 terabyte Western Digital Black M.2 Nvme drive, 8tb Western Digital Blue harddrive and replaced the RAM with a 32 gig Corsair Vengeance LPX kit. Also I added a small screen to monitor temps- highly recommend! I hope this helps! The case is poorly designed though and there is only soo much you can do. 

Temp Readout.jpg

On 2/21/2023 at 7:06 PM, storm05 said:

shoud the one 120mm fan on the top be inntake or exhaust?

def. exhaust. 

Otherwise you're pulling in dust. Also heat rises, in a system with chaotic airflow- its arguable to what degree but still it does rise lol- exhaust. 

On 2/19/2023 at 4:03 PM, storm05 said:

one Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 PWM 92mm (not just one for the entire build)
two Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM 92mm
two ID-Cooling NO-9215 Slim 92mm
two NZXT 92mm (dont know the modle)
two Acer Predator Frostblade ARGB fan 15x90x90(oem ones that come in the case, but i dont have them so il need to buy)

picture for refernce:                   as you can se the inntake is gonna have a tuf time.
Acer Predator Orion 3000 PO3-620 (RTX 3070) (2021) Review

Look at AF, SP, lifespan and bearings. Make sure the fan has both AF and SP because of the barriers, but you don't need high SP. Avoid sleeve, rifle and Hydro bearings, and any others with a lifespan that is relatively short, or if the lifespan isn't great and is shown with a low temperature. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂