Whale Lan Seating Question

GeeeButtersnaps

Hi there, I got a ticket for the BYOC Whale LAN and I am a bit skeptical to leave me PC unattended for extended periods of time so I was thinking I might check out the main expo floor before setting up at the LAN. I know seating is first come first serve in terms of placement but as long as you have a ticket are you guaranteed a place to set up even if you aren't there from the beginning?

we're in a similar boat, the being from outside of town. i had talked to someone from ltt about the same issue not wanting to leave your equipment there while you visit the expo. they assured me there is a guaranteed table just not a guaranteed spot unless your like a whale or something where its designated. so i wouldnt worry about having the spot it just may not be where you want it. our plan is to go to the whale lan the first day and then haul our stuff back to the airbnb and do the expo on the second day. if the expo doesnt keep our attention then we'll haul our stuff back and finish the last part of the day at the lan party. our situation is a bit different because of having laptops. 

other thing is try and make some friends you can trust to watch your stuff. i think the risk of theft is pretty low considering to enter you need the limited quantity byoc ticket in the first place. anyone whos there are tech people so they probably already own a decent set of equipment or there from overseas and would have no way to get it home.

there was a post somewhere where ltt said they'd be labeling bigger items with names to try and deter theft as well.

I'm coming from overseas and this one of main concerns,  your plan on attending the LAN on first day and the expo on the second day was what I thought to do, but I'm afraid I wont have enough time for the expo since I'm planning on going the whole night LAN and sleeping in the morning. 

If I could leave my PC during the firstday and go explore the expo that would have been the most ideal. 

id offer for you to come sit with us the first day. me and mike could watch it for you . we're planning to just play at the byoc all day on the first day. we're hoping to meet all kinds of new people anyways 😉 one way or another a person will need to use the washroom and eat so might need someone to watch your stuff anyways . me and mike are looking out for each other while we're there.