Used GPU?

NatLee

Should I get a used GPU? I’m looking for an RX 6500xt or something around that price.

In the US

3+ years ago, I bought a used 1060 3g for 100 euro's. Still working perfectly, PC is turned on 24/7.

GF got an identical GPU at the same time. She uses her pc MAYBE 8 hours/day (power/heat cycles), and she too has zero issues.

You can get good results from getting a used GPU for a fair price. Key words being: fair price, and CAN get...

40 minutes ago, NatLee said:

Should I get a used GPU? I’m looking for an RX 6500xt or something around that price.

Should you get a used GPU if you want to save money. Absolutely!

23 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Should you get a used GPU if you want to save money. Absolutely!  You didn't give us your currency or where you are from so its hard to know what price budget you are after.

Oh. My. Gawd! @NatLee, did you see who just commented on your vid? Jerremy Clarkson! He is a famous person! He knows all about cars! (not sure about his tech savyness...)image.png.0aa17f5eb1ab60d8a9d955afe163e18f.png

8 minutes ago, Budget DIY said:

Oh. My. Gawd! @NatLee, did you see who just commented on your vid? Jerremy Clarkson! He is a famous person! He knows all about cars! (not sure about his tech savyness...)image.png.0aa17f5eb1ab60d8a9d955afe163e18f.png

I am obviously the real Jeremy Clarkson!  I did manage to build my own 7700x - 32GB ddr5 and 4080 rig without problems.  I did use a hammer to get the DDR5 modules installed. SPEED AND POWWEEER

2 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

I am obviously the real Jeremy Clarkson!

That's what I was saying!1!! HYPE!!!

47 minutes ago, NatLee said:

In the US

But to be serious in your thread for a bit.  A used card is not a bad thing, you can save a lot of money and get something decent!  If you are able to go to the sellers location and see it running in their system thats ideal.  A graphics card usually last for a very long time so if its in someone elses system for many years or yours it makes no difference.   Linus Tech Tips actually made an entire video on this subject 7 days ago. Maybe this video will help 🙂

RX580 bought used in 2018, still working ay okay.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

12 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

But to be serious in your thread for a bit.  A used card is not a bad thing, you can save a lot of money and get something decent!  If you are able to go to the sellers location and see it running in their system thats ideal.  A graphics card usually last for a very long time so if its in someone elses system for many years or yours it makes no difference.   Linus Tech Tips actually made an entire video on this subject 7 days ago. Maybe this video will help 🙂

Yeah I watched that. Thanks Jeremy!

5 minutes ago, NatLee said:

Good 🙂  Hope you get a good graphics card and that you can get back to playing some video games !:)

There's nothing wrong with getting a used GPU. You just need to do a little bit of research on what the seller was using that card for. If it's been in constant use for a mining rig I wouldn't personally buy it but if all they did was use it for general purposes or for their job as long as they show me it can run run then I have no issue buying something 2nd hand. It's a great way to save money if you're careful while doing so.