Looking for a decent RGB Keyboard up to 75Euro (80USD)

Go to solution Solved by Gokul_P,
8 minutes ago, Elans said:

The G513 goes for 124 Euro on Amazon.de and 130+ Euro for my local retailers a bit over what I would like to spend. Do you have any experience or options on the HyperX Alloy Origins? Can get it for 85 Euro and seems to be quite a good keyboard.

Edit: Another much cheaper option is the ROCCAT Magma TKL, a much cheaper option for about 50 Euro, but seems to have decentish reviews.

Hyperx keyboard is good for that prize  ROCCAT Magma is membrane so if you dont like membrane it isnt going to work same as the g213 prodigy

Hello, so I'm looking for a new hopefully low latency RGB keyboard that cost less than 80$. Would like it to be a TKL, but I'm willing to go with a standard if the price and performance are better. Mainly looking at Amazon, specifically the German site, don't live in Germany but my local retailers have very long delivery times and often bad pricing. One option that I almost was ready to buy was SteelSeries Apex 3 TKL, but then I realized it has quite bad latency. Another keyboard I was looking at was Logitech G213 Prodigy, but a lot of reviewers say it has bad build quality.

Specs that I want:

• Wired
  • Low latency (From what I understand anything around and below 40-60 ms)
  • RGB
  • TKL

Also maybe some tips on a good mouse? So far I've chosen Logitech G203 Lightsync RGB, since its on sale and goes for 27Euro on German Amazon. The specs on it seem good?

Mouse link: Logitech G203 gaming mouse with adjustable LIGHTSYNC RGB lighting, six programmable buttons, games Ruggedized sensor scanning with 8000 dpi, Lightweight, Black: Amazon.de: Computer & Accessories

Thank You!

Whats the differance between g102 and g203. It looks the same to me maybe its a regional naming differance. G610 (mechanical, 1ms), & G413(mechanical) s are good keyboards but doesnt have rgb. 

G213 prodigy(membrane, 2ms)  has rgb but it is membrane and fullsize 

I'm not an expert on TKL keyboards, but from a quick search I see some popular ones are the Steelseries Apex 3 TKL, but not your choice.

Others I found are Sharkoon Purewriter TKL RGB, Logitech G413 TKL SE, Keychron C1 Wired, Razer Blackwidow V3 Tenkeyless.

They all have different switches, depends on your preference too. Not all have RGB, latency you would have to check for each one. Wired is overall much less latency than wireless of course.

As for mouse I suggest the almighty Logitech G502 Hero instead. It was on 37 Euro last week, but sold out now.

4 minutes ago, Gokul_P said:

Whats the differance between g102 and g203. It looks the same to me maybe its a regional naming differance.

Seems like it might be, but as it is now the g203 is actually 1 Euro cheaper lol. 

G610 unfortunately is out of stock/unavailable for now. 

G413 TKL SE, seems like a good option, though I would really like to have the RGB.

G213 Has kind of mixed reviews which makes me wary.

Logitech G213 Prodigy Review - RTINGS.com

SteelSeries Apex 3 TKL has the issue of latency, about 10.6ms from what I can find on the internet.

Sharkoon Purewriter TKL RGB seems like possibly a good deal, will read up more on it, cant find its latency though.

Keychron C1 Wired might be good, but I just cannot stand the color scheme xD.

Razer Blackwidow V3 Tenkeyless also seems like quite a good deal, only issue is I have to buy it Used form Amazon, is this reliable? Haven't bought used products sold by Amazon before.

21 minutes ago, FRD said:

I'm not an expert on TKL keyboards, but from a quick search I see some popular ones are the Steelseries Apex 3 TKL, but not your choice.

Others I found are Sharkoon Purewriter TKL RGB, Logitech G413 TKL SE, Keychron C1 Wired, Razer Blackwidow V3 Tenkeyless.

They all have different switches, depends on your preference too. Not all have RGB, latency you would have to check for each one. Wired is overall much less latency than wireless of course.

As for mouse I suggest the almighty Logitech G502 Hero instead. On Amazon Netherlands it's currently only 37 Euro.

Seems like going around 55+ Euro for me.

7 minutes ago, Elans said:

Seems like it might be, but as it is now the g203 is actually 1 Euro cheaper lol. 

G610 unfortunately is out of stock/unavailable for now. 

G413 TKL SE, seems like a good option, though I would really like to have the RGB.

G213 Has kind of mixed reviews which makes me wary.

Logitech G213 Prodigy Review - RTINGS.com

SteelSeries Apex 3 TKL has the issue of latency, about 10.6ms from what I can find on the internet.

Sharkoon Purewriter TKL RGB seems like possibly a good deal, will read up more on it, cant find its latency though.

Keychron C1 Wired might be good, but I just cannot stand the color scheme xD.

Razer Blackwidow V3 Tenkeyless also seems like quite a good deal, only issue is I have to buy it Used form Amazon, is this reliable? Haven't bought used products sold by Amazon before.

Seems like going around 55+ Euro for me.

G502 pricing is always changing wait for a good deal its a heavy mouse but i really love it same for the G413 Full size. G213 mixed reviews is mostly due to that being membrane and it is being available since 5-6 years without any kind of refresh so if you dont like membrane that isnt the right place.  Logitech  keeps changing price every week for non pro models so check for a good deal and logitech light sync is theoretically has less latency than wire so it isnt a bad thing to get the wireless version.

I seen g513 for around 80$ it has rgb and everything 

9 minutes ago, Gokul_P said:

G502 pricing is always changing wait for a good deal its a heavy mouse but i really love it same for the G413 Full size. G213 mixed reviews is mostly due to that being membrane and it is being available since 5-6 years without any kind of refresh so if you dont like membrane that isnt the right place.  Logitech  keeps changing price every week for non pro models so check for a good deal and logitech light sync is theoretically has less latency than wire so it isnt a bad thing to get the wireless version.

I seen g513 for around 80$ it has rgb and everything 

The G513 goes for 124 Euro on Amazon.de and 130+ Euro for my local retailers a bit over what I would like to spend. Do you have any experience or options on the HyperX Alloy Origins? Can get it for 85 Euro and seems to be quite a good keyboard.

Edit: Another much cheaper option is the ROCCAT Magma TKL, a much cheaper option for about 50 Euro, but seems to have decentish reviews.

8 minutes ago, Elans said:

Hyperx keyboard is good for that prize  ROCCAT Magma is membrane so if you dont like membrane it isnt going to work same as the g213 prodigy

2 minutes ago, Gokul_P said:

Hard to tell, i have little to no option on membrane or not membrane, till now I have used cheap 10-20 Euro keyboards, guessing that they are mainly membranes. Guess I have to read about the advantages/disadvantages? One main difference is that mechanical are quite a bit louder?

1 minute ago, Elans said:

Hard to tell, i have little to no option on membrane or not membrane, till now I have used cheap 10-20 Euro keyboards, guessing that they are mainly membranes. Guess I have to read about the advantages/disadvantages? One main difference is that mechanical are quite a bit louder?

But if you are getting low latency gear you are going to play e-sports games right so mechanical keyboards has low activation point than membrane so mechanical keyboards activates way faster than membrane it is in milliseconds so isnt the biggest deal but if you care mechanical will be better and the sound depends on the switches most of the wannabe mechanical membrane keyboards (most of the gaming membrane keyboards) are also loud 

1 hour ago, Gokul_P said:

But if you are getting low latency gear you are going to play e-sports games right so mechanical keyboards has low activation point than membrane so mechanical keyboards activates way faster than membrane it is in milliseconds so isnt the biggest deal but if you care mechanical will be better and the sound depends on the switches most of the wannabe mechanical membrane keyboards (most of the gaming membrane keyboards) are also loud 

Thanks for the information

Not your preference, but the G213 is really good. It just has mixed reviews because it's not a mechanical board and the typing is very light, not all people like it. It also has a lower profile than most of the high switches and keys are close to each other. The G213 is mostly fit with the G203 mouse as a great budget combo.

In your case choose the keyboard and mouse mentioned before.