Is my airflow good?

aren332

I modded my case for better airflow, but is it good? I have a powersupply with a 120mm fan that sucks in air, a rear 92mm fan below it that sucks in air, an 80mm intake front fan, located exactly across the 92mm rear fan, and another intake 120mm fan below the 80mm fan. All fans are blowing about the same amount, except for my front 120mm fan which blows in a little more air. Is my airflow good?

9 minutes ago, aren332 said:

a 120mm fan that sucks in air,

Does this mean you have those old ass 2000s case with top mounted PSU? If its a modern PC case with shroud you should cut it from the equation because the PSU sucks in air and exhaust it out, completely independent of other parts in the system.

9 minutes ago, aren332 said:

a rear 92mm fan below it that sucks in air, an 80mm intake front fan, located exactly across the 92mm rear fan, and another intake 120mm fan below the 80mm fan.

Heavy positive pressure from how you word it, you dont have any fans acting as exhaust beyond the PSU?. flip both rear fans to blow out air to the back of the case, thats all it takes really.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

22 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Does this mean you have those old ass 2000s case with top mounted PSU? If its a modern PC case with shroud you should cut it from the equation because the PSU sucks in air and exhaust it out, completely independent of other parts in the system.

This typically is not an issue as power supplies do not have performance degradation from temperature changes as it's mostly an analog device. So long as the exhaust air that is being blown through the power supply from the machine isn't exceeding the thermal limits of the actual board mounted components then the machine can run indefinitely like this. Which is why top mounted power supplies were never really an issue to begin with  and most cases don't require analog components to have dedicated airflow.

Now granted , if we are working off of youtuber "paid to sell you crap" logic then I'm sure a cold air intake would then add 10hp to your machine. But for the majority of us that aren't  bolting spoilers to our fwd cars a top mounted power supply will be just fine.

27 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Does this mean you have those old ass 2000s case with top mounted PSU?

Yes its a dell optiplex 9020 mid tower

28 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

flip both rear fans to blow out air to the back of the case, thats all it takes really.

i just said the psu and 92mm fan are exaust, i have 2 intake 2 exaust

42 minutes ago, aren332 said:

a rear 92mm fan below it that sucks in air

6 minutes ago, aren332 said:

i just said the psu and 92mm fan are exaust

40 minutes ago, emosun said:

This typically is not an issue as power supplies do not have performance degradation from temperature changes as it's mostly an analog device.

No im aware of all of this info, im just stating you cant account for it as chassis fan if its just tucked in the bottom sucking air from the outside and immediately throw it out.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.