My PC won't turn off.

TheSavageWookie

I have windows 8, and whenever I go to shutdown the PC it shuts down then about 45 seconds later I hear it come back on again. Now everytime I want to shut down the PC I have to hold my power button until the PC completely shuts off. Help would be much appreciated :)

do you use a lot of chrome extensions? is chrome also located in notification area and running in background? try to right click and exit chrome from notif area and see if it.s working now. also uninstall any unused software...or even reinstall/reset windows 8.

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

I have the same problem on win7 and trust me its not chrome, i did something wrong when i was overclocking ram from 1600 to 2133 and if i undo the overclock thhe problems solves itself. But in my case it needs only 7 sec to boot again, why? I dont know. Im using a desktop so it isnt a problem 'cause i have an extension cable with a switch that cuts the power to the system. :D I just went with it <_<.

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

It can be a bug of windows 8, think that you having is a restar of the computer not a complete shutdown. try this open run cmd as administrator then type this command 

bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes

with me whoever, ahead who can

Try pulling the power

No, NEVER shut down a computer by pulling the power.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I had the same problem for a while. Sounds like you have the power button set to sleep.

Try looking in Control panel>Hardware>Device manager and check with your mouse, keyboard, ethernet/wireless adapter or anything if they're enabled to something along the lines of 'this device may wake up the computer from standby'.

Also, check in Control panel>Hardware>Change behaviour of on/off buttons if it is actually set to shutting of your PC.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k @4,4Ghz | GPU: Sapphire HD7850 @1050Mhz | MB: ASRock z77 Extreme4 | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo v2 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | HDD: Samsung 1TB | Case: Sharkoon T28 blue | PSU​: XFX pro 550w | Mouse: Logitech G500

Go to event viewer, and look for system events, then sort by level. Go to the top (or bottom) and look for something that says critical kernel power error (or something like that). Post what the error is.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

If you have a wired connection, try unplugging your ethernet cable and turn off your computer. You might have another device using wake on LAN to turn on your computer.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k  GPU: Sapphire R9 290 TRI-X OC

The error is "The sysrem has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

If you have a wired connection, try unplugging your ethernet cable and turn off your computer. You might have another device using wake on LAN to turn on your computer.

I'm using wireless.

I had a similar problems when my PC went to sleep in Windows 7. Make sure when you push the power button or however you are turning off your PC its actually turning off not going into sleep my iPod I think it was kept waking the PC.

I had a similar problems when my PC went to sleep in Windows 7. Make sure when you push the power button or however you are turning off your PC its actually turning off not going into sleep my iPod I think it was kept waking the PC.

I am 100% positive I'm shutting it down, but maybe it is becasue I have my phone plugged into my computer.

I am 100% positive I'm shutting it down, but maybe it is becasue I have my phone plugged into my computer.

That might be why.