MSI Ventus 2x OCV1 RTX 3060 Ti reaching 75 degrees on 65% usage!

MumeX

Hello everyone!
I recently built my gaming PC using MSI Ventus 2x OCV1 RTX 3060 Ti and I've seen that the temps are very high and the fans are loud. It is reaching 75 degrees on 65% usage, everything is stock, is this normal or is it faulty?

6 minutes ago, MumeX said:

Hello everyone!
I recently built my gaming PC using MSI Ventus 2x OCV1 RTX 3060 Ti and I've seen that the temps are very high and the fans are loud. It is reaching 75 degrees on 65% usage, everything is stock, is this normal or is it faulty?

bc MSI cooler

Dont forget to mark as solution if your question is answered

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

Join team Red, my apprentice

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

CPU OC: -30 all cores @AutoGhz

GPU OC: 3Ghz Core 2750Mhz Memory w/ 25%W increase (460W)

2 minutes ago, Blqckout said:

bc MSI cooler

Yea, but I have seen other people with this same exact card, and it was reaching around 68 degrees on 99% usage.

2 minutes ago, MumeX said:

Yea, but I have seen other people with this same exact card, and it was reaching around 68 degrees on 99% usage.

no idea then, either RMA or replace thermal paste and pads

Dont forget to mark as solution if your question is answered

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

Join team Red, my apprentice

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

CPU OC: -30 all cores @AutoGhz

GPU OC: 3Ghz Core 2750Mhz Memory w/ 25%W increase (460W)

it coulld as simple as restricted airflow.

the card outputs heat and the fans are meant to draw that heat away from the card. all fine and dandy...however in a closed case if that heated air is unable to dissipate --- be exhausted out of the closed case then the surround air in that case simply helps add to the problem as the fan is now drawing hotter air over the components as opposed to cooler air.

simple experiment to try is take side panel off the pc and run the games whatever. then see if temps are lower. if not then the card is the issue not airflow.

At that point you can consider replacement as it is a new card.

1 hour ago, MumeX said:

What CPU do you have?

Also people might undervolt their cards, and the usage depends also on the game and possibly CPU limitations. 

1 hour ago, Blqckout said:

no idea then, either RMA or replace thermal paste and pads

I mean just because a game doesn't utilize a GPU fully would be a weird RMA reason and the card is new (supposedly? ) and also not overheating,  75C is still within normal operating temps

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I have a ventus 3x 3080 which was quite load I just resulting in undervolting it and then using a custom fan curve on MSI afterburner(I had to use DDU because my custom profile was because I upgraded from a 970). undervolting is pretty easy just find a video on YT. for reference that's what my curve looks like: image.png.5c2b070da59402326fe89e54a3f88592.png

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

1 hour ago, MumeX said:

Hello everyone!

But what are the fans running at?  Just because they're loud, doesn't mean they are running at 100% speed, just mean's they're crappy loud fans.

There are plenty of cards that become loud at 55% fan speed and will get even louder under full load.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

On 2/3/2023 at 12:52 PM, Mark Kaine said:

What CPU do you have?

Also people might undervolt their cards, and the usage depends also on the game and possibly CPU limitations. 

I mean just because a game doesn't utilize a GPU fully would be a weird RMA reason and the card is new (supposedly? ) and also not overheating,  75C is still within normal operating temps

I just found it weird that it get's that hot at that % of usage. And also, I got it like a month ago, even less than that.

On 2/3/2023 at 12:26 PM, johnno23 said:

it coulld as simple as restricted airflow.

the card outputs heat and the fans are meant to draw that heat away from the card. all fine and dandy...however in a closed case if that heated air is unable to dissipate --- be exhausted out of the closed case then the surround air in that case simply helps add to the problem as the fan is now drawing hotter air over the components as opposed to cooler air.

simple experiment to try is take side panel off the pc and run the games whatever. then see if temps are lower. if not then the card is the issue not airflow.

At that point you can consider replacement as it is a new card.

Taking off the side panel reduces temperature by maybe 5 degrees.

On 2/3/2023 at 1:04 PM, werto165 said:

I have a ventus 3x 3080 which was quite load I just resulting in undervolting it and then using a custom fan curve on MSI afterburner(I had to use DDU because my custom profile was because I upgraded from a 970). undervolting is pretty easy just find a video on YT. for reference that's what my curve looks like: image.png.5c2b070da59402326fe89e54a3f88592.png

I undervoltet it a bit, I used 1830 MhZ on -75mV. Reduced the temps by a little bit.

Then that is a win but the loudness of the fans as mentioned by others is simply an issue of the fans ....

Some fans make a higher or lower pitch sound that is audible but different people react to them in different ways. My silent wings on the front of my case are a very low hum barely audible but if i wear headphones then that particular frequency of sound becomes quite annoying as it seems louder. remove my headphones and that irritating sound seems to just get lost in the wash of ambient sound in the room.

its very subjective and extremely hard to pin down.

Personally and i might be totally wrong but i think your card is working well, it is within spec etc and possibly you are just too sensitive to the particular frequencis that are audible to you when the fans are running.

If the fans are really grinding then seek a replacemet if it is just audible sound a replacement is maybe not possible so if it drives you crazy then an upgrade on the fans is maybe your only solution.

Could it be that my PC case airflow is bad. If any of you guys knows about it (since I am kind of new to building my PC) check if this case has a bad airflow. It is called MS Fighter V310, it is a brand popular in my country and it is selling a lot.